Who we are:
Pixel Union Design Ltd represents both Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox brands, two leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, innovators, and businesses — succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products and exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 90+ with headquarters in Victoria, BC and remote team members across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
As the Director of Product in Pixel Union's Apps division, you'll lead your team and the apps business in the development of new products for the Shopify market as well as the maintenance and growth of existing apps in the portfolio.
You'll be responsible for setting our Apps team's vision and direction, defining a roadmap, managing and growing your team, and interacting with stakeholders throughout the Pixel Union organization. You’ll develop an intimate understanding of the Shopify platform and merchants that you will leverage into new and impactful approaches to our product offering. You will have full accountability for your division's performance to company leadership, reporting directly to the CEO.
As Pixel Union’s GM Apps, you'll...
- Own all Leadership aspects of the Apps division, including setting, communicating, and implementing strategy and successful delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual sales and earnings goals.
- Set divisional forecasts and manage the divisional budget.
- Inspire, support, coach, and develop the Apps team members with the support of your Leads.
- Track, report, analyze and provide necessary insight and guidance to grow the business across the full customer lifecycle: acquisition, activation, churn, MRR/ARR.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to develop effective strategies for marketing, development, growth, and other business functions.
- Collaborate across project, product and divisional boundaries in order to identify roadblocks and propose solutions to achieve desired results.
- Champion opportunities for growing customer LTV across Pixel Union’s business whether leveraging the Apps portfolio or other products, campaigns, or offerings.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with external partners.
- Serve as internal advisor to managers and employees, as needed, on employee issues that affect performance or business relationships.
- Report to senior leadership on divisional health, performance, and outlook.
You're ready for this opportunity because you have:
- 8+ years of operating SaaS businesses or product lines with experience building, scaling, and leading successful product teams.
- Successfully managed SaaS product development and driven results through product and growth marketing strategies and tactics.
- Previous accountability for business P&L, including forecast setting and reporting to senior management.
- Managed and scaled complex projects and operations and led teams through growth.
- Navigated dynamic environments with multiple stakeholders and departments to achieve desired outcomes.
- Been part of an executive team and worked closely with senior leadership.
- Lead, inspired, coached, and developed team members for career growth.
- An analytical and data driven decision-making mentality.
- Intimate knowledge of ecommerce customer problem sets; Shopify-specific experience is a plus.
Please include a cover letter with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. We value diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable!
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around fun, good people on challenging and rewarding tasks.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive salary with variable compensation for meeting and exceeding targets
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace. Our team members can be found across Canada, the U.S. and the UK, and are well-adapted to working from home and the remote lifestyle. As long as you have a strong internet connection, you’ll be all set to join this dynamic team!
Please note that we will be filling this position within Canada. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all who show interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.