Roles & Responsibilities:
Data Scientists at Mount Sinai work with clinicians, researchers, and engineers to extract value from data. Effective data science is critical to the success of our research efforts and clinical translation, ensuring we make correct inferences from the vast wealth of biomedical data generated at Mount Sinai and across the world.
This clinical data science role will work in the Mount Sinai Clinical Intelligence Center (MSCIC) to field incoming research questions from the clinical environment. Once questions have been prioritized, this role will pull relevant data, analyze it, then synthesize that data into critical information for the clinician to review. Research may be further pursued depending on the impact of our findings.
Data Scientists may work on many of the cutting-edge research areas at Mount Sinai:
- Apply computational techniques to analyze large-scale biomedical datasets
- Develop and maintain genetic, genomic, and biological databases to annotate and interpret human genome data
- Create data-driven models and data visualizations for clinical and research work
- Perform rigorous and reproducible data analyses
- Develop projects and work independently on a variety of data analysis projects
- Learn and use bioinformatics tools for processing and analysis of large datasets
- Identify and resolve technical issues and propose upgrades to current software
- Participate in the preparation of manuscripts, grants, and presentation
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Masters, or Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Genetics, or other relevant quantitative discipline preferred
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- Experience in data science, machine learning, statistical modeling, genomic analysis, or other relevant analytical field
- Experience in programming environments such as Python, R, and SQL
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres SQL) and the ability to navigate a Linux command line are preferred. Strength Through Diversity
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.