We believe individuals are so much more than their labels, and encourage candidates from all walks of life (all genders, ethnicities, ages, educational backgrounds, sexual orientations etc.) as we strive to build a diverse team. If you’re unsure, just apply!
Hi, nice to meet you 👋🏽. My name is Pulkit, one of the co-founders of Chameleon. We started Chameleon to make user onboarding more delightful. It’s working, and as our product team grows, we need someone with great design skills to help shape the next generation of our product.
Are you interested in building software for product teams at great SaaS companies, like Mixpanel, Moz, Degreed, and Highspot? Do you want to influence the experience of millions of end users worldwide? Do you want to work on hard problems with smart people that trust you and value what you bring to the table?
Chameleon is a platform for product success
; our customers build in-product experiences (like banners, modals, tooltips, walkthroughs, spotlights, widgets, microsurveys etc.) inside their web apps without writing any code, using Chameleon.
This helps users adopt and use more of the software that’s built, and helps provide product teams a simple way to engage their users. We’re essentially increasing the efficiency of products!
We’re a small team of ~10 people, have a remote-first culture, are profitable, have hundreds of customers, and serve tens of millions of Experiences each month, around the world.
We’re looking for a mid-level product designer who wants to dive into crafting the simplest way to let our customers build complex in-product Experiences. You’ll work on our “Builder” platform and our dashboard application.
This type of software is completely new and so there are some interesting design challenges of creating something without direct precedent. That’s balanced with designing common SaaS functionality (e.g. user management, analytics, setup etc.) in an elegant and frictionless way.
You will become an expert on how to help others create effective UX; shape our roadmap in this hot new space; influence the design culture of a young team; and build the design systems that will be used for the next phase of our growth.
The role (what you’ll do)
- Manage and execute the design process
- Review, discuss, and prioritize the key problems we should solve
- Conduct research and ideate solutions to these problems
- Help define user stories
- Create wireframes and hi-fidelity prototypes to showcase solutions
- Refine designs and prepare them for engineering
- Help test and review delivered stories
- Conduct specific user research projects, including beta programmes
- Influence/direct marketing design (e.g. website)
- Help improve and refine Chameleon’s brand personality
Your skills (what we expect)
- 3+ years as a full-time product design experience, ideally at a SaaS company
- 1+ years of startup (<50 employees) experience
- 1+ years of full-time remote work experience
- Great at independent research (e.g. exploring other similar products, conducting user interviews)
- Receptive to feedback and iteration
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Builder/owner mindset (independent, comfortable with building processes and systems)
- Good written and verbal communication skills (clear, succinct, direct)
- You have a fully functioning home office / quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Our ways of working
- Remote-first team; we give you independence over your working hours and trust your commitment to your work, your teammates, and your customers
- Reporting to Pulkit Agrawal (Co-founder & CEO)
- Working closely with the full team, including Brian (Co-founder & CTO), Dana (PM) and Jess (ex-designer and consultant)
- Tools you will use: Figma, Zeplin, Tailwind UI, Airtable, Slack, G Suite, Notion, Zoom, Loom, Mixpanel, Intercom, Chameleon, Typeform
- Work collaboratively with great people on difficult problems
- Competitive salary and equity
- Own your career direction as the company grows
- Laptop and budget for home office equipment
- Get to know our many SaaS products and product people (our customers) from around the world