The Technology Outsourcing Function is seeking an experienced professional to join the team and assist in the monitoring and oversight of J.P Morgan's Western European Technology services that are outsourced and external and inter-affiliate vendors that support those outsourcings.
The Technology Outsourcing Function partners with the lines of business, Legal Entity Outsourcing Governance Managers, Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI), Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Technology, Information Security Managers (ISMs) and Information Security Officer (ISOs) in addition to other relevant stakeholders across Western Europe to assess compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and address any deviations from same that may be noted.
This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm. Through ensuring the high performance and compliance of existing technology outsourcing you will have a strong impact on the company's growth. In addition, the role will permit you to develop your leadership, management and communication skills. No matter where your career ultimately takes you, this role will allow you to make a meaningful impact and lasting connections with outstanding colleagues and mentors.
Candidates are required to have a good understanding of the technology outsourcing regulatory landscape, and comprehension of the Legal, Financial and Technical components of technology outsourced engagements is expected. In addition, a solid background in technology and/or cyber security is required. Ideally the Candidate would also hold a relevant qualification such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, ITIL etc.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Coordinate the management and monitoring of supplier performance for both internal and external technology service engagements.
* Cooperation with the Legal Entity Outsourcing Governance team to ensure Legal Entity Corporate and regulatory compliance for outsourced technology services and also to ensure that appropriate and relevant management information (KRIs/KPIs) for technology outsourcing is available to the Legal Entity as and when is required.
* Identify and raise risks associated with technology outsourcing and create / manage / monitor action plans to address those risks through to completion
* Contribute and participate in internal and extenal audits as well as regulatory reviews which have technology outsourcing as part of their scope.
* Partner with relevant Global, Regional and Legal Entity teams such as Global Supplier Services (GSS), Cyber Technology and Controls (CTC) and the Legal Entity Outsourcing Governance Team to maintain efficient and effective control environments for outsourced technology services.
* Project management, communication, stakeholder management, negotiating and influencing experience with a track record of achieving engagement and delivery from cross-functional stakeholders
* Demonstrate process management and delivery re-engineering experience including the improvement of current processes and systems by reviewing current practices; designing modifications, recommending controls, identifying problems and writing improved procedures
* Prioritise and deliver timely, high quality risk based reporting on technology outsourcing which has a solid data and evidence based foundation.
* Technology Outsourcing experience and knowledge of the technology outsourcing landscape including legal, financial and technology components of technology outsourcing
* Experience working as part of a regional, cross-functional team and working with all levels
* Analytical experience
* Deputises for the Head of Technology Outsourcing when required with regards to attending meetings, committees and forums
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Exercises sound judgement, acts with integrity, protects our company, customers and stakeholders
The Western Europe Technology Function has responsibility for technology products and services both provided locally but delivered to users across all locations to support wholesale Banking financial services. The team is part of the EMEA CIO hierarchy, which coordinates CIB Technology teams from branch locations and Legal Entities across the region.
The J.P. Morgan Western Europe Technology Outsourcing Team is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of processes, procedures and controls relating to outsourced technology services as supplied by vendors within the JPMC Group and external to the JPMC Groups. This role interacts closely with the lines of business, Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI), Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Technology, Information Security Managers (ISM) and the Information Security Officer (ISO) and other stakeholders, to ensure compliance with IT related regulatory and legal requirements for the location and internal JPMC control policies.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.