$27,000 annually. This is a 20/hour a week position.
Fully remote. U.S.-based workers only.
Flexible hours, but we'll expect you to work with us to set a schedule during U.S. working hours, and communicate when you'll be varying from that schedule.
All federal holidays off, Christmas week off, plus three weeks of vacation.
We'll provide you with a MacBook Air, unless you want to use your own technology.
Opportunities for growth
We're a small company, and there will be a lot of opportunity for you to take on additional projects in areas that interest you — we're always open to pursuing good ideas.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in communications, English, journalism, or a related field.
- Experience with a content management system like WordPress or Drupal.
- Experience in a professional customer-facing role. (Internships count.)
- Professional writing abilities. You'll need to be able to communicate efficiently with customers.
- Very nice to have: experience working in higher-ed.
Primary Job Duties
- We help colleges and universities take large documents like catalogs and student handbooks and convert them into a digital format. A large part of this job is assisting in that initial transition. Parts of it are automated, and you'll work on overseeing those. Other parts — like organizing pages and entering some content — you'll be doing manually. The manual part is generally more engaging than data entry, but we want to be up front that it's not super exciting but does require attention to detail.
- Answer and resolve basic customer technical support questions. For example, helping with password resets, text formatting, etc.
- Building out and providing support for content approval workflows.
- Write and help build out dynamic help documentation.
- If there are other areas that interest you, it's likely that you'd get a chance to work on them — we have a lot going on in sales, project management, web/software development, marketing, and more.
We're a mission-driven company dedicated to providing affordable and best-in-class software for colleges in universities. We primarily provide course catalog, curriculum management, and student handbook software. We primarily work with community and technical colleges, HBCUs, and small liberal arts colleges. How to Apply
Send a resume (PDF, LinkedIn, or online professional profile are all great) and brief cover letter to [email protected]