is seeking an entrepreneurial, data-driven marketing leader who loves cats. The Marketing Director will be responsible for developing and executing our growth strategy and building our marketing team from the ground up.
We are looking for the perfect candidate to take us from a high growth startup with a passionate consumer following to a household name. We have lofty goals - to drive a 3x revenue growth over the next 12 months - and this role is critical to that success. You will work directly alongside Tuft+Paw's CEO, as a key member of the leadership team, driving growth through customer acquisition, retention marketing and brand awareness.
Some of the perks: Flex schedules, remote, autonomy, and early stock options.
Who you are:
Our perfect candidate has done it before: you were an early hire at a high growth D2C brand and lead the marketing department to consistent growth over a period of years. Deep familiarity with the D2C playbook and channels (performance marketing, social partnerships, SEO, PR, email). Comfort working in a fast paced, quickly changing startup environment.
- You are a highly analytical leader with a proven track record of driving and accelerating revenue growth to lead new customer acquisition efforts, increase retention and grow brand awareness. You are excited to roll up your sleeves to execute effectively, and iterate quickly with testing (something you are passionate about)!
- You pride yourself on grit and relentlessness and have a track record of delivering high ROI results.
- You have a strong understanding of brand marketing + social partnerships
- Performance marketing should feel like second nature for you - aka CAC, LTV, AOV, churn, conversion rate, abandoned cart rates, etc. are basically your best friends.
- You spend a lot of time in google sheets or excel looking at numbers
- You are capable of calling on both your left and right brain -- you see the need for strong creative campaigns with measurable impacts.
- You have led and managed teams of performance marketers and growth marketers in the past and are eager to do so again.
- You aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
What you will do:
- Be ultimately accountable for revenue and cash, not TOFU metrics.
- Improve and iterate on our existing marketing programs and test/launch new ones.
- Lead by example - build a marketing team and hire talented marketing badasses who are results-oriented, data-obsessed, brand enthusiasts who complement your skills.
- Collaborate and coordinate with outside agencies and freelancers to ensure they are delivering optimal results on their channels
- Collaborate with senior leaders across Tuft+Paw to make big things happen.
- Manage all aspects of all marketing programs including search, social, referral, email, SMS and offline media. This includes overseeing the budget, account flighting and day-to-day optimization of these channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, Google Adwords, Display (among others).
- Partner with founder to create a strategic vision for all types of marketing and ensure robust, integrated, and flawless execution of the mission and vision.
- Define, measure and analyze critical KPI’s for the marketing acquisition team. Create dashboards to demonstrate progress against those KPI’s and communicate effectively the results and any actions associated with those results to key stakeholders throughout Tuft+Paw.
- Report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the leadership team including detailed campaign performance. Identify and propose opportunities to optimize customer acquisition, referral, loyalty and affiliate programs.
- Analyze site metrics and sales information to identify opportunities to increase sales and site conversion.
- Work with Product and Customer Care teams to incorporate customer feedback and returns data and use this data to make long term improvements with the goal of increasing LTV.
- Work cross-functionally with development, design, data/analytics and editorial to optimize ads, email capture and landing pages. Identify and execute on opportunities to increase sales and site conversion.
- 5+ years in an early-stage growth senior marketing role, including at least 2 years in an e-commerce, direct-to-consumer role.
- Experience working across the full DTC marketing funnel (customer acquisition, conversion and engagement) and across the marketing mix (including online and offline channels).
- Demonstrates strong thought leadership, decision making, and influencing skills.
- Proficient in Sheets with the ability to analyze data, generate reports and organize large pieces of data.
- Experience managing ad budgets upwards of 6 figures, in order to manage our external ads team
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment and do whatever it takes to get the job done!
- Deep knowledge of how to use digital & offline channels and tools to drive new customer acquisition, build a brand, customer base, and community-driven content
- Hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, Facebook & Instagram Ads, Google & Youtube Ads, Advertising, Customer Acquisition, Analytics and Reporting, Growth Hacking, CRO
You’re a great fit if you have:
- A nose for value: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty: You have the skills and knowledge to jump in when stuff just needs to get done
- Comfort with numbers: There’re lots of numbers in marketing. No way around it.
- Willingness to be on-the-hook: Making big things happen requires someone who’s willing to take chances and clean up any consequences.
- Scrappiness: You’re not afraid to get unconventional to make big things happen, even if it seems a bit duct-tapey.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time position, and annual salary will be based on experience. Optional 4-day work week.
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- We're building a fully remote team (but have a strong base in Vancouver)