Codeable connects a community of elite WordPress development experts from around the world with businesses that need a WordPress site built, developed, maintained, fixed or optimised. We’re the only WordPress exclusive services platform and community, with over 500 freelance developers and teams, delivering projects of all sizes to clients globally.
Our mission is to build the most vibrant WordPress developer services community and to create a better way of working for all parties in the WordPress ecosystem when it comes to WordPress websites, whether that’s for developers, clients, or partners.
To serve our mission and drive the ongoing expansion of the business, we’re now looking to hire an experienced growth marketing specialist to join our fully distributed team to help drive direct client acquisition (with a focus on SEO / organic / content and non-paid channels) and ongoing growth through the full client lifecycle, including retention-based growth and lifecycle communication.
You may be a digital marketer, growth marketer, product marketer or performance marketer by origin, but if you’ve got a mindset that’s embedded in testing out and driving commercial performance through acquisition and ongoing usage, then we’re interested in talking to you.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be leading the growth marketing effort, operating as the sole marketing specialist although supported by other internal teams and external partners. We have various foundational elements in place to support the marketing operation, but you’ll be establishing the operating program, developing the strategy and executing in order to drive acquisition as well as growth through the lifecycle via marketing-based approaches.
As a content and communication-centric growth marketer you’ll be all about how we can project and promote Codeable through organic channels - whether that’s based on search / SEO, email, content partnerships, or anything else - to reach key client target audiences and to bring them to Codeable, drive initial conversion and then help maximise ongoing opportunity and potential with the Codeable client base.
You’ll be working alongside our Partner Program operation (who work with channel partners and strategic partners, and who also operate an agency program), our Product & Platform team, and our client success function. So whilst you’ll be leading your domain area, you’ll be collaborating with others as part of your activities; so you’ll need to be a strong team player and collaborator. Marketing growth initiatives may be pure marketing-side activities or they may be collaborative efforts with other teams to drive acquisition / retention performance, so great collaboration skills are essential. And whilst this isn’t a marketing services support role to the broader org, where there are the opportunities to use your skills to help support and enable commercial and growth activities of other teams, then that’s part of the collaboration remit.
In addition to owning the growth marketing operation, strategy and performance / metrics, you’ll be the marketing owner of the Codeable website (working with the Product & Platform team, who have delivery responsibility), which you’ll use to support and enable your activities. You’ll also be the owner of the client lifecycle communication strategy and activity (including the client newsletter strategy and activity), where part of the 2021 plan will involve upgrading our email comms / marketing / engagement tools (which the Product & Platform team will lead on, but which you’ll be involved with).
Btw, we’re not anti-paid, but that’s not where we want our focus to be at this point. So if you’re primarily a paid channel specialist then you’re not for us at this point.
Requirements & about you
- 3-5+ years of digital / performance / product / growth marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial & experimental mindset
- Highly numerate & performance-oriented
- Ability to build a marketing growth program & operation
- Strong on the core traditional digital marketing / engagement competencies & with a strategic mindset about driving growth through the entire client lifecycle
- Specific strengths with the core envisaged focus areas:
- SEO, organic and content-based growth
- Email-based growth activities
- Landing page management & optimization
- Lifecycle messaging & communication
- Strong team player & collaborator, whilst being able to operate independently & lead initiatives
- Strong communicator (fluent spoken & written English), both through your work and with folk you work with
- Experience working cross-functionally, including as part of a broader growth operation and with product operations
- Strong attention to detail & precision in your work generally
- Comfortable working in a distributed environment, with a high degree of personal autonomy & responsibility
- Ready & able to lead our marketing growth activities, and act as the senior stakeholder for this area
- You may have been a lead already or you may be ready to step-up into a lead role for the first time
- Experience with WordPress & the WordPress ecosystem
- Familiarity with professional services businesses
- Familiarity with marketplace / community-driven businesses
How we work & what else we look for
- We’re a fully distributed team, so we use a combination of Slack, internal blogs and online meetings to communicate & collaborate
- Frequent & clear written communication is a critical part of how we operate
- We’re not obsessed with tracking your hours, setting your schedules & managing your time
- We expect you to have a strong self-driven work ethic; you need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative & seeing things through to completion
- We default to trust and care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in
- We’re serious about our work & the Codeable mission, but we’ve got a sense of humour
- We have 32 days of paid vacation time a year
How to apply
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, send us your resume and a cover letter, and include answers to the following questions in your letter (short answers are fine!):
- Why are you the right person for the role and for Codeable, and why is this role of particular interest?
- How do you think about marketing growth & what’s the formula for a successful marketing growth program and operations?
- What’s your favorite growth channel & why?
- How do you go about measuring your work?
- What would your focus and priorities be in the first 100 days in the role, if you were to get it?
- What’s the life achievement / experience that you’re most proud of?
Please also provide details of your pay expectations in your cover letter.
We’ll get back to all prospective candidates once the closing date has passed (24 Jan), if not before.
What our selection process looks like
- All candidates go through an initial resume screening process
- We’ll then invite all shortlisted ones for an online interview with us, so that we can get to know each other better
- If we think we’re a good fit we’ll send you a trial task to get more of a feel for your work and how you think (nothing too onerous)
- If the task goes well we’ll invite you to a 2nd interview, where we can task output and you can walk us through it
- There may be some other meet and greet with other team members; we’ll work that out at the time
- We’ll make our decision after the second interview (and after any other meet and greets that happen)