Next Big Thing is a company builder focused on the machine economy. Backed by €18m of investment, we are building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the world works for decades to come. Our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs and industry specialists support founders with deep expertise and clear vision to build their next big thing.
Packaging industry, which is fast growing warranted by e-commerce & growing population, addresses the majority of their machine breakdowns telephonically or via onsite visits from OEM and/or 3rd party engineering companies. As a result, the time and cost associated with each break down are exceptionally high leading to poor line/machine OEE. Additionally, they are cybersecurity and trust related concerns when providing direct access to machines. Hence, a strong need has been identified for a secure stand alone solution which enables the packaging sector to address breakdowns and train staff in a time and cost efficient manner.
Our solution offers secure guided maintenance and analytics via “smart vision” to ensure continuous operations despite internal and external uncertainties specifically for the packaging sector.
We are looking for:
An experienced and driven technical/product co-founder for a startup developing Remote Access & Monitoring solutions, particularly for the packaging sector. The purpose of the venture is to offer a fast and cost efficient remote maintenance and training solution.
You will work closely with a co-founder, as well as NBT’s venture development, marketing and engineering team to bring this product to market.
What we look for in you
- Work together with another expert Co-Founder on the technical and product strategy of an early-stage startup and build a strong product roadmap and ensure its execution
- Be responsible for streamlining feasibility, viability & desirability
- Collaborate with the CEO on the Customer Discovery to identify problems and come up with the right solution and product features
- Provide expert IoT product knowledge to shape the product and architect the full-stack solution, particularly around Remote Access Solution
- Several years of experience in building IoT solutions specifically related to “Smart Vision” and/or Remote Monitoring. Prior experience with AWS or Google Cloud infrastructure is a big plus
- Experience with machine maintenance and servicing sector
- Ability to communicate fluently in English is a must, German a big plus. Additional European languages are a plus
Nice to haves
What to expect working with us:
- Knowledge and contacts within the packaging sector preferred
- Previous entrepreneurial experience is a big plus
- The opportunity to de-risk your startup journey with our co-founding services covering Pre-Seed/Seed funding Rounds to ensure that you can develop the case to its full potential
- Fixed salary and access to share ownership program
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment, with a culture of supporting founders in the good and hard times from our 50 person Venture, Product and Market Development teams
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 20+ countries
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- New and well equipped office directly at Zoologischer Garten in Berlin
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.