UpCounsel is the leading online marketplace connecting small business owners directly with high-quality independent attorneys for a fraction of the cost of going through Big Law. We enable our community of attorneys to run independent practices without the grueling hours and stress of a large law firm. We are growing fast, profitable, and run by a lean, senior team. We acquired UpCounsel in early 2020, have delivered an incredible year of growth across all teams, and are forecasting more of the same in 2021.
The Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in UpCounsel’s growth, overseeing and implementing the organization’s existing processes, and developing new systems to enable the organization to efficiently keep up with our growth. Our unique business model includes multiple revenue streams, marketing approaches, and product offerings driven by small global sales, success, and product teams that are built for high performance and efficiency.
We are a team of 20 that delivers the results of a team twice that size, so we need to ensure that we have a very strong foundation of operational excellence to continue to raise the bar.
This role requires a true jack-of-all-trades in operations, an individual that thrives in executing across a wide range of disciplines including business systems, business intelligence, accounting & finance, and admin. The Operations Manager must be hyper-organized, a quick learner, an excellent prioritizer, and thorough in their approach. The ideal candidate has experience managing operations within a distributed team, and understands how to create lift across an organization by doing the heavy operational work for team members - no matter their department.
What You’ll Do
- Take the lead on implementing and/or overseeing our existing operational processes, and developing new ones as our growth requires.
- Oversee UpCounsel’s internal QA system, ensuring that all components of the organization are functioning properly.
- Work with key stakeholders to improve processes and measure the results.
- Build wiki-style documentation for all of the company’s documented processes, and develop a system for updating the wiki.
- Create key reports that support company operations and growth in spreadsheets and our business intelligence platform.
- Work as a key operational go-between with the Customer Success, Sales, Product, and Finance teams, developing cross-departmental solutions when required.
- Supporting the accounting and billing team from an operational standpoint, helping ensure all deadlines are met.
What We’re Looking For
- Operations die-hard with 4+ years of experience - preferably in tech or a SAAS environment - obsessed with getting the job done in a thorough manner.
- A growth-oriented performer who thrives on learning and upleveling.
- An analytical and detail-oriented thinker with strong computational skills.
- Believer in continuous improvement, which can elevate the manner in which the company operates from a process standpoint.
- Strong mastery of Excel and google sheets. Experience with Looker or other Business Intelligence platforms is a plus.
- Experience in accounting and finance also a plus.
- A budding leader seeking to join a highly effective and motivated team.
- Experience working in a remote team and asynchronous environment is a plus.