FULL STACK DEVELOPER INTERN
STARTING FEBRUARY 1, 2021
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is to fundamentally change the way the world gets work done. We provide training, consulting, and coaching to help companies create more productive and happier workplaces. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
The full-stack intern will work with our lead developer on evolving our Agile Education training platform where instructors from all over the world can list Scrum courses, and where students can register for those courses, interact with trainers, consume online educational content and more. This platform has a growing user base and has been built from the ground up. This paid, full-time internship will last for 3 consecutive months and may turn into an offer of full-time employment. Sound like fun?
- A love for code!
- Experience and passion for web development including expertise in both frontend and backend development (React, Node.js).
- A mindset consistent with the core Scrum Values: openness, courage, respect, focus, commitment.
- Passion about learning new things and finding solutions to challenging problems.
- Working knowledge & experience using Web Technologies (HTML5, JS, CSS3, AJAX).
- Knowledge in RESTful APIs.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- You are NOT required to have completed or be pursuing ANY degree in Computer Science or a related field. You will be assessed solely on your capability and competency.
In this role you will:
- Be a member of an amazing Scrum Team under the guidance of a Lead Developer.
- Work on an agile learning management system and community platform.
- Develop and maintain products deployed on AWS cloud services.
- Research, design and implement new features and functionalities for our platform.
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs, and respond to support requests.
- Learn a lot and have the ability to make significant contributions.
- Earn $5400/month.
- Opportunities to work with the best, most experienced Scrum teams on the planet at the company led by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum.
- Opportunity to work under a senior full stack wizard to accelerate your growth as a developer.
- A work environment that combines the best aspects of collaboration and autonomy.
- A rapidly growing company that is continuously looking to evolve.
- Generous pay, professional development opportunities, and the possibility of a full-time employment offer as a Padawan at the end of the internship.
How we work:
- We do Scrum. We strive to live the Scrum values and to continuously improve as individuals, as teams and as a company.
- We work from anywhere and everywhere. Our web team is five people in 3 different states. Our main office is in Boston, but you are welcome to work from home, or in the office as you like. Post-pandemic, there will be opportunities for co-located working.
- We work collaboratively. We encourage pairing and knowledge sharing via tools like zoom, slack and flow.
- We value happiness. We view the happiness of our team members as the primary leading indicator of team performance and prioritize it accordingly.
Interested? Please send us:
- An example of a website / web application that you’ve built with a brief summary of the technology used, along with the specific technological challenges that you encountered and how you overcame them.
- An example of an algorithm that you’ve written that you are particularly proud of and brief commentary on why it’s awesome.
- A resume.
Application deadline: January 3, 2021. Interviews the week of 01/11/21 and 01/18/21
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is a key to achieving that goal.