We are looking for a Product Manager to help guide and manage the delivery of Lens IDE product. Product Manager role as part of Lens team is a fast-paced and dynamic role that will provide exposure from IT industry mega players to young startups looking to revolutionize the world. You'll work with bleeding-edge technologies and interact with the smartest people on this planet when it comes to cloud computing and software development.
With more than 50 thousand users, Lens is the world's most popular IDE for Kubernetes. Lens combines all essential tools and technology, required for streamlining cloud-native application development and day 2 operations. It's all you need to take control of Kubernetes clusters and workloads running on top. We want to get everybody working with Kubernetes and cloud-native technologies to join the Lens family!
What you will do:
- Lead a product to drive the evolution of Lens IDE and related products to achieve Mirantis business objectives, while serving the needs of the Lens open source community and end users at large
- Take ownership of product vision and strategy, designed together with key stakeholders. Collaborate on the creation and maintenance of a rolling product roadmap
- Lead product discovery: competitive analysis, market research, identification of new product features, identifying market/user problems and pain points.
- Operationalize the delivery of the vision & strategy through roadmaps, feature definition, releases, and go-to-market plans, with an emphasis on compressed timelines and rapid time to market.
- Active participation and communication with the real end-users of the product and open source community in general; engaging prioritizing user submitted issues, commenting, participating in community slack channel discussions etc.
- Be a product evangelist within the cloud-native technology ecosystem, Mirantis prospects, customers and internal teams
- Have 5+ years of experience working within a product development organization and 3+ years leading a product with a team of 5 or more developers working on a software product portfolio
- Strong understanding the cloud native technologies landscape, vendors, their products, how they relate to each other, and what value they can deliver to the end-users.
- Knowledge of the developer tool space
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects and Kubernetes in particular
- Bonus points: experience with Lens IDE
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.