Every day, tens of millions of single-use cups are used and thrown away immediately afterwards. Our consumer behavior is not sustainable from an ecological point of view if we look at single-use cups. Not only are these items creating enormous waste and pollution, their performance is poor too – which would you prefer to drink your morning coffee from – a paper cup or a ceramic cup?
We are aiming at addressing and solving this problem with a new type of single-use cup.
Currently we are conducting fundamental research on the topic and aim at evaluating assumptions and validating the concept. This phase will be accompanied by the prototyping phase to validate the technological feasibility. We will achieve this unparalleled vision through our cutting-edge, technology advanced product, which will not only significantly improve the environmental footprint of single-use cups but at the same time reach a whole new performance level for the consumer.
We are a team of experienced entrepreneur and highly professional engineers, not only dreaming of a better world but actually pursuing it by converting a great vision into a business with positive impact. We are offering the exactly right mix of innovation, consumer benefit, fun at work and aiming at having a true positive impact on society, on a global scale.
What you will do:
You are the right person for us if you:
- Work with the founders on evaluating and validating a initial concept for a new product to tackle the single-use cup problem, with the clear potential to globally change the “takeaway culture” for good
- Analyze the state of the art (e.g. current technology, including patent research) of AM
- Evaluate the potential of AM and other technologies for manufacturing of single-use cups
- Do this in a defined period as an initial project with the option to turn this into a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity full time job
- Your work will be a core component of our strategic roadmap, including discussions with investors, clients, suppliers and other stakeholders
What we have to offer:
- You are a great engineer with strong business acumen
- You completed your master’s or PhD degree in engineering (eg. mechatronics, mechanical, industrial and/or MBA or dual degree in business and engineering), PhD in technology is a plus
- You have extensive hands-on experience in building extrusion-based AM technologies, including 3D CAD modelling
- You have the willingness and ability to design, procure, install and operate AM technology setups
- You showed promising results in your academic career
- You’re highly analytical, extremely well-structured and fully committed
- You are highly organized and have an extreme attention to details - you have experience in project management and technical leadership
- You did great work before, eg. founded a startup, invented a product or technology and pushed it beyond the idea stage into a prototype, etc.
- You are comfortable having ambitious goals and focusing all your activities on reaching them
- You speak English fluently, German is a plus
- You can’t wait to save the world
- You want to help leave a lasting, positive impact on a eventually global scale, starting small and local but strategically smart
- A paid research project for 3 months with the option to extend
- The opportunity to be part of and get in-depth insight into a high potential startup and the option of permanent employment
- A highly motivated and experienced team in a dynamic environment - great people only!
- Insights into the constantly growing, huge single-use cups market with a vast impact on our environment
- Regular coaching, guidance and training
- Personal responsibility from day one in an environment with flat hierarchies and fast decision paths
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive compensation
As a team, we believe in diversity and equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, age, religious beliefs, physical ability, marital status or sexual orientation, and we expect the same from you!