As the VP of Engineering at Authenteq, you will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company, leading our engineering team and feeding input to the product team. You will be working in close collaboration with our C-level management to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business and to drive strategic initiatives across different levels at Authenteq. Therefore, a strong business acumen, extensive technical knowledge combined with good problem-solving skills are essential in this role. If you are someone who creates new paths and solutions rather than follows what everyone else is doing, we welcome you to take on a high responsibility role in delivering our ID verification solution to the masses.
What you’ll be doing:
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Provide engineering leadership and expertise to advise product leads on key decisions - This includes technology and business choices as well as strategies for development in-house or by using third parties.
- Drive our engineering vision and lead all aspects of our engineering development.
- Be responsible for the engineering planning and development processes, ensure alignment across other departments, e.g. sales and marketing.
- Build, manage, and motivate our highly skilled team of agile software developers for mobile and backend technologies.
- Lead projects from design through implementation and deployment.
- Manage task planning and code reviews.
- Audit and guide platform implementation.
- Create a positive work environment through clear expectations and accountability and motivating the team to perform at world-class excellence.
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely.
What you’ll get:
- BSc. or MSc. in Computer Science or related subjects.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in managing people and guiding technical strategy - This includes prior experience as a senior software developer.
- Living in or willing to relocate to Berlin.
- A track record of leading and scaling effective engineering teams - Ideally, you have touch base to identity verification space and prior experience in a post-Series A startup environment.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies like Java, Spring, Amazon AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins and other essential tools.
- People management skills - You understand how to line manage, motivate, inspire and encourage team members and are a strong advocate for ongoing feedback.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - Ideally, you are a robust public speaker and able to adapt to a technical and non-technical audience.
- You possess outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities along with strong process improvement skills.
Authenteq dramatically simplifies online identity management, making it not only secure but also anonymous and returning control where it belongs, to the user. Our AI-powered and fully automated identity verification and privacy platform enable customer KYC and verification.
Our founders have combined over 50 years of experience in a start-up environment and security space, with vast experience in leading and creating unique work cultures, which we consider of high importance at Authenteq. Further, we are a Series A funded company that is backed by some of the world’s best-known visionary investors, including Tim Draper of Draper Associates.
Not only will you be working in one of the top three identity verification companies, according to the European Commission, you will also be a vital part of our company, working closely with a truly passionate and devoted team of talent. We push flat hierarchies to further harness cross-departmental collaboration and communication.
Besides providing you with a high-responsibility role, we offer you a competitive salary and equity in a growing company. In addition, we rely on flexible work settings and get you work gadgets of your choice. To further promote professional growth, we have assigned a self-development budget for each of our employees.
Finally, we enforce our team culture and healthy work-life balance through company breakfasts, team-building events, subsidized Urban Sports Club membership, and a fun and relaxed work atmosphere in our cozy office in the heart of the historic side of Berlin.
You can apply for this job via the application button
Agency calls are not appreciated.