PaintCare seeks a qualified candidate to provide support to existing and future programs in the Western US. This is a remote position, and the location is flexible within existing program states (employee must be located in California, Oregon or Washington). The position will provide customer service support on the program’s nationwide hotline, coordinate with customers and vendors to ensure completion of large volume paint pickups, and support state-level staff with administrative needs across the region.
PaintCare, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was established in 2009 by the American Coatings Association (ACA) to implement state-mandated paint stewardship programs on behalf of paint manufacturers in each state that adopts a paint stewardship law. PaintCare programs are funded by a fee on new paint sales. Funding is used to set up drop-off sites where the public can take leftover paint for recycling, pay for the recycling of this paint, conduct public education, and provide program administration. PaintCare currently runs programs in nine states and the District of Columbia and is planning new programs for Washington and New York. Please visit www.paintcare.org
for more information.
- Responsible for planning, agenda setting and group coordination of team functions
- Consults program managers on overall team/program function and conducts research on areas for process improvement
- Provide customer service support for email inquiries and the national PaintCare hotline
- Process requests for large volume paint pickups, including approval, database entry, tracking, vendor assignment and expense approval
- Provide administrative support to PaintCare’s team in California, Oregon, and Washington
- Word processing, document and report preparation
- Filing, data entry, and organizing information
- Assists with other administrative requests as needed
- Reports to West Coast Program Manager
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet browsers
- Proficiency using FileMaker or other relational database software
- Comfort using cloud software platforms (Bill.com, Box.com) and learning additional software as needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to occasionally travel for team meetings and program events
- Interest in environmental issues and the goals of the PaintCare program
- Familiarity with paint products
- Conversational Spanish ability is preferred
Location and Travel
This position is located in either California, Oregon or Washington. The employee will work from home and requires persistent access to a quiet home office for phone calls. PaintCare has an employee-focused travel policy to allow for flexibility on timing, location, and duration of travel due to COVID-19.
Employment, Salary and Benefits
This is a full time, regular, exempt position. Salary depends on experience. PaintCare, through the ACA, provides generous benefits [401(k), vacation days, medical, dental, and life insurance] and reimbursement for travel expenses.
Diversity & Inclusion
PaintCare is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
To apply for this position please visit https://american-coatings-association.breezy.hr/
. Please submit a resume, cover letter stating your motivations for applying, and your salary requirements. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.