CloudZero is an early stage startup on a mission to help engineering teams build better cloud platforms. We believe that building resilient cloud systems necessitates understanding the costs and margins of your platform, and that teams need a new breed of tools to help them innovate within those factors. To solve this problem we’ve built a serverless platform that ingests multiple large data streams from our customers, normalizes them and then uses machine learning to both detect anomalies and help map that information into custom dimensions for each customer.
We’re looking to add an engineering manager to our quickly growing team. You will be responsible for half of our platform and the coaching and facilitation of a high caliber engineering team that is building and supporting that area of the product. You’ll have a voice in the direction of the product, the people and the technology as we enter an exciting growth phase.
Our engineering team values lifelong learning and holding a growth mindset. A core part of our engineering culture is inclusiveness, we believe great teams are made up of people from diverse backgrounds and walks of life working together. We are a fully remote company with engineers scattered throughout the US.
- Directly coach and support 4-7 engineers
- Help recruit new engineers to your team
- Help facilitate a feature team through continuous improvement
- Help advocate for quality and technical debt improvements in your area of the product
- Assist in product decisions to ensure the platform grows in a way that is sustainable and delightful to our end customers
You might be a great fit if you have:
- 8+ years experience building software
- 1+ years experience managing other engineers
- A passion for coaching engineers and teams in a highly collaborative environment
- A belief in giving teams high levels of agency
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud infrastructure
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Work From Home