Location: Remote (North or South America only)
Job Type: Full-time
Visa Sponsorship: Not available
Experience: 4-8+ years
Sofia Family helps families develop healthy digital habits for a lifetime by providing a hardware + software solution that simplifies cross device time management for gaming, social media and entertainment across consoles, computers and mobile devices.
We are gearing up for our Beta and commercial launch and are in need of a QA Lead to help us take our product quality to the next level.
You are an experienced QA Leader with a proven track-record in manual and automated QA management and experience in QA leadership. You are quite proficient in Postman, Web browser debugging and developing test plans and test automation. You are well organized, systematic and results oriented. Finding bugs and explaining them clearly to engineers or the product owner is what keeps you energized because you know it directly impacts customer user experience and improves retention.
You know what “good” looks like in terms of QA process, detail and coverage. People say you are a good communicator who is nice to work with.
Does this sound like you?
In this role, you will work and collaborate closely with the Product Owner, CTO and CPO as well as a small, scrappy, agile team of developers to release and continue development of our launch product. In addition to QA of product features and enhancements, you will also work with other team members to ensure that we have solid test coverage through a combination of manual and automated test plans that you will design and develop. You will be a key member in helping to shape our QA systems / processes, improving quality tremendously as we go from beta to launch over the next few months and beyond.
The Tech Stack:
You will be learning and working with the team on:
- Native Client applications on Android, Windows, MacOS, iOS + Web Applications (React+Redux)
- VPN Client and Server software
- Hardware device testing (IoT)
- Our backend API and services
Requirements and Attributes:
- 4+ years of experience in Product Quality Assurance (manual and automated)
- Experience in Web as well as Mobile, Desktop application QA
- 1+ year of QA Leadership / Management
- Track record of being hands-on, innovative and efficient.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient and thorough attention to detail and organizational skills
- Technically hands-on, can help diagnose issues or expand the detail behind a bug report
- Great at prioritizing and getting things done
- Strong technical skills and ability
- Great leadership skills
- Background in engineering or software development is a big bonus