What we're looking for
Passbase's growth has created an opportunity for an ambitious Quality Assurance Engineer. If you value autonomy and the responsibility that comes with it; if you are keen on learning, experimenting, and learning from failure; if you do not accept low effort and strive to continually improve yourself and your team; if you have a voice and want to use it; if you aspire to help others with your work, then Passbase is for you. We want your expertise to expand on our success and bring Passbase to the next level.
Being a Senior Software Engineer at Passbase means that:
What you’ll do
- You get concrete end goals with the context, autonomy, and responsibility to achieve. Full autonomy is difficult to navigate, so we offer support for those who strive for it.
- You are a master of your trade, have a passion or quality and bring an attitude to test & break.
- You pay it forward. You use your experience and values to help the people around you grow and reach their potential.
- You are a believer in our mission to build the identity layer of the internet.
- You follow the golden rule. You treat others as equal partners and you want to be treated as an equal partner.
- You are humble. We all make mistakes. It is important to accept this from ourselves and others and grow together.
- Design, develop, maintain and execute functional, regression, integration and end-to-end tests
- Maintain and improve automation frameworks that can be used by both Development and QA
- Perform automated and manual testing efforts for our products
- Help define, improve and implement QA standard methodologies
- Work together with our clients on issues and resolve them along with our core engineering team
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience) with 5+ years of professional experience in software QA engineering
- Have crafted test strategies, test plans, and test cases
- Experience with UI automation frameworks
- Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Efficient in effort estimation, planning, prioritization and time management
- Flexible with a positive “do what needs to be done” demeanor
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Comfortable working in a start up environment
- Experience with SaaS cloud products automated testing
- Experience with UX, web and mobile testing
- Worked in the past with big data systems
We work hard and celebrate our success. Our challenges are vast and creativity is crucial. That means that we divide problems not tasks and emphasize autonomy in the approach. We strive towards a common goal and are all responsible for getting there. From accounting to design, we help each other achieve the best possible results by radical transparency and constant learning. We believe each one of us is a leader at this company and treat our peers accordingly.
If this feels like an environment you could see yourself in, we encourage you to apply and look forward to finding out more about you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.