MOBILE PRODUCT DESIGNER
Current is a leading U.S. challenger bank serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing fintechs with over 2 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empowers everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Current is looking for a talented Mobile Product Designer with great visual design and UX skills. You would be involved in the full product development cycle: from early research and product strategy, to design and developer hand-off. You should have a strong understanding of mobile design patterns on both iOS and Android, strong visual and user experience sensibilities, and care deeply about the end-user experience.
- Bring new ideas to life from sketching and wireframes, through to high-fidelity prototypes, beautiful visual designs, and asset production
- Iterate on existing designs to consistently improve the user experiences and design
- Work closely with product and engineering to formulate hypotheses, validate ideas and iterate
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid startup environment
- You have worked with teams to build and ship mobile products that users love
- You pride yourself on producing great visual designs and being able to simplify complex problems into great user experiences.
- You love to learn and you are not shy about asking questions
- You take pride in the outstanding quality of your designs but you can also aggressively prioritize, ship quickly, iterate and, most importantly, hear other people’s feedback
- You have learned by experience that no design survives user testing untouched, and you thrive in iterating from user feedback
- You are comfortable sketching on whiteboards, producing tons of wireframes and designing icons
- You have experience in creating both iOS and Android designs, and aggressively stay on top of the latest mobile standards
- You love working in teams and work great under pressure
- 4+ years of experience designing and shipping products across iOS and Android (we are willing to accommodate a wide range of experience levels)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating pixel-perfect eye candy, interactive designs, and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to clearly articulate your reasoning behind design decisions
- Experience working closely with engineers, including communication, understanding platform limitations, and asset production
- Ability to empathize with a wide range of users, often different from yourself, to understand what they need..
- Proficient in Sketch
- User testing experience
- Prototyping in Principal, or similar tools
- Icon design and animation experience
- Working within existing design libraries and patterns.
- Asset hand-off with Zeplin
Learn more about how our design team solves problems: https://medium.com/current-design/unique-solutions-for-unique-lives-f112f35aaec1