Halcyon Health provides integrated, evidence-based substance use disorder (SUD) recovery solutions. Empowered by technology, Halcyon provides each individual with a fully personalized recovery plan that best suits their needs and goals.
10% of people with Substance Use Disorder (SUD) receive any care at all and only a fraction of those receive evidence-based care, despite the fact that coordinated care; medication-based treatment; peer recovery coaching and social determinants are all proven to correlate to better outcomes.
Our mission is to ensure that every individual suffering from SUD receives the highest-quality, evidence-based care and support tailored to who they are as an individual.
As a Visual Designer, you will get to work across all areas of the product and operations to improve SUD care.
Our product and engineering team is fully remote, so you can work from anywhere in the United States without fear of being treated as a 2nd class citizen, missing out on informal in office meetings.
As an early employee you will play a key role in developing our culture and rituals.
- Develop content across digital and print material including but not limited to: landing page design, slide decks, brochures, one-pagers, cards, email templates, in-app content design
- Source and manage specialist creative vendors (e.g. videographers, animators, illustrators) as needed
- Work closely with internal users to design web based tools for peer coaching, care coordination, and content management.
- Own and manage all visual design for product and marketing channels
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined design tasks
- Develop a security & privacy mindset that emphasizes keeping our members sensitive health data safe while still developing innovative features in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with engineering and operations to brainstorm solutions, and provide time and complexity feedback throughout the feature development lifecycle.
- 2+ years of experience working in-house or at an agency.
- Ability to work with many different stakeholders and audiences
- Advanced graphic design skills including use of typography, vector graphics, illustration, layouts, and photography as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- You spend time and energy on your written and verbal communications skills. You understand that communicating with fellow humans, especially using the written word, is of the utmost importance
- You are comfortable with change and understand that all long term plans change in a startup environment.
- You care about the details and keep pushing your work until it is pixel perfect
Nice to Have:
- Experience working at a startup
- Previous experience working as part of a remote team.
- Experience working in Healthcare or another tightly regulated environment.
- Experience with transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interaction
- Video production experience
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Medical/Vision/Dental Coverage
- 401k Offering
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- $500 work from home stipend
- Monthly snack/meal budget
- Unlimited Vacation
- Mental Health and Wellness stipend