Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on a unique technology solution for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals.
We’re seeking a Front End Developer who is ramping up their career and looking to take on a high-growth opportunity on a growing 30-person team. The ideal candidate is creative, efficient, detail-oriented, and self-motivated to work on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape an entire profession.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 🐱💻
You will be working closely with the FE team to improve the frontend codebase, expand internal tools, and support the growing product. You will have the opportunity to take ownership and initiative at an unique adolescent phase of a growing codebase and company.
Day-to-day work will consist of chasing tech debt and bugs, building improvements to the product, discussing problems with other team members, reviewing team member’s code, and documenting upcoming projects. You will be part of a close-knit team that is working hard for a better product each day.
Technology at Instinct 👨💻
* Typescript, HTML, CSS, React, Apollo, Electron
* Cypress, Jest, React Testing Library
* Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe, Docker
* PostgreSQL, Redis
* AWS, CircleCI, Github Actions
* Papertrail, Sentry
* Github, Jira, Slack
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
* A high bar for code quality and user experience
* Ability to think creatively about problems and develop features that solve them foundationally
* Intuition to challenge and improve our user interface
* Excitement for building critical interfaces for veterinary hospitals
Bonus Experience 💡
* Previous work on health care, medical records, veterinary, or enterprise software
* Previous remote position, preferably as part of a small team
A Sneak Peek of Your Role at Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, and fun work environment. As a fully distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
The development team values collaboration and learning together. We meet weekly for team building, engineering discussions, and book club learnings together.
While building out our young platform, your contributions and leadership will greatly shape the usability and friendliness of the product, while ultimately shaping products that power the diagnostic and treatment workflows for some of the most advanced veterinary hospitals on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
* We offer a supportive, caring, and rewarding work environment
* We pay our team well (based on experience)
* We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off
* We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K
* We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend
* We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our annual retreat
Learn More About Us 👓
- Our new blog called Pick the Brain that has articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software.
Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Our project is supported by the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.