We are hiring our first QA Engineer to support the ongoing development and maintenance of all of our Forem applications including dev.to. This person will work closely with our Lead SRE and must be comfortable making decisions and choosing tools that will form the foundation for our testing architecture. As the company grows, so does the number of Forem deployments. We need a testing infrastructure that can give us confidence in our code whether we are deploying to 1 Forem or 100 Forems. All of this will help us continue to expand our QA efforts.
We value emotional intelligence and communication skills. We want to work with developers who want to build an inclusive software ecosystem as badly as we do.
- Maintain and expand our Rails application test suite (Rspec, Capybara, KnapsackPro)
- Set up and integrate CI tools (BuildKite, KnapsackPro, some new tool you would recommend!)
- Develop and implement QA workflow with the team (i.e. smoke testing, regression testing procedures, etc.)
- Establish a sustainable QA culture in the team. We believe testing and reliability are everyone’s responsibility, not just those in QA
Skills we’d like to see
- Experience with RSpec and Capybara
- Feature integration testing with Ruby
- CI Experience
- Load Testing Experience
- Experience writing code in production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, self-starter who enjoys working independently and can collaborate with other team members when needed
DEV Community is the fastest growing social network for software developers. The DEV mission and brand is defined by helping all software workers achieve their goals and find community while building towards something bigger together.
We’re a company that values emotional intelligence, learning and growth. We hire diverse, well-rounded and communicative people who want to build an inclusive software ecosystem as badly as we do.
Forem is open source software for building inclusive communities. It powers platforms such as the DEV Community, among many others. The platform is flexible and hardened by the scrutiny of thousands of developers. To learn more about the future of Forem, check out our announcement post on DEV
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible Equipment and Conference budget
- Co-Working budget (we are a 100% Distributed Team)
- Monthly Wellness Budget
- Ergonomic consultations
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
This position is for US based candidates only.