Intent Technologies is seeking an experienced Python Engineer to join our newly created Flux Team. Flux (short for Flux Capacitor) is key to helping us empower a fresh generation of buying intelligence for shoppers around the world. In this role, you’ll deploy your strong knowledge and experience of Python, the AWS stack and Serverless architecture to create robust and scalable backend services for product discovery, automated collection, and data enrichment.
We believe shopping technology needs a make-over and smarter ways to help save, monitor and share the products you love. In 2019 we launched www.kinderlist.com to validate some early ideas. Through careful analytics, retailer relationships and customer testing, we’ve learnt a huge amount about the world of shopping which is fueling our development of an exciting new journey.
As a Python Engineer, you’ll join us in a full-time remote capacity with a lot of autonomy and opportunity for impact. To thrive in this role, you’ll bring a track record of several years experience writing production-ready code, solving complex problems, and the discipline to work independently with excellent communication. You’ll be working with a small and focused team of specialist engineers to build highly available, scalable and resilient services on AWS infrastructure for e-commerce.
What You'll Do
- Develop scalable and modular microservice applications in Python 3
* Working within our TechStack: AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, Cognito), Python3, MongoDB, CI/CD, Atlassian Suite, Git, Rest APIs, GraphQL.
- Test, document and deploy code that ensures the integrity of our services.
- Add to and update our APIs and their documentation.
- Create, review and optimize MongoDB database operations in our applications.
- Analyze and tune application performance with a focus on efficiency throughout.
- Closely work with our DevOps to research, plan and architect new solutions to solve complex e-commerce challenges using microservice architecture patterns.
- Be highly organized and self-driven to collaborate effectively with remote team members.
- Implement backend analytics tools and monitor application performance.
- You are fluent in English (writing and speaking) is essential.
- You are located in Europe with an internet connection that handles video calls.
- You have 3 years of professional, full-time work experience as an engineer.
- You have excellent knowledge of Python 3 and to level up even more.
- You have a strong track record with AWS: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, Cognito and API Gateway.
- You have a working knowledge with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- You have significant experience in using frameworks for building serverless applications (e.g. SLS, SAM, arc.codes or Chalice).
- You intuitively look for ways to keep code modular, tested, and maintainable.
- You are motivated by working in a team with a flat structure where your knowledge and input have a direct impact on product definition and business success.
- You have a willingness to learn, share and step outside of your comfort zone.
- You have an interest in working on ambitious solutions to e-commerce challenges.
Good To Have
- University degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Interest in ambitious solutions to e-commerce problems.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience with GraphQL