Mirantis is adding a Sr. Software Engineer to our Tools and Release Engineering team! You will be taking a lead role in helping to define and build out Mirantis core tools and release pipelines using a highly available self-service container infrastructure, as well as supporting the deployment and operation of those tools. You will work closely with program managers and engineering to create this self-service infrastructure which will enable the success of our product releases and then deploy it using numerous modern technologies. Mirantis’s managed service offerings are growing quickly and your role is critical to support that growth.
- Work with other teams at Mirantis to provide recommendations and best practices for build and release pipelines ensuring engineering can easily use and contribute to those pipelines.
- Setup and maintain Jenkins clusters including GitHub repository webhooks.
- Introduce tooling efficiencies to minimize release times.
- Create and maintain dashboards to monitor builds in flight through monitoring, logging and metrics gathering.
- Support both patch and major releases required by a diverse set of teams, using deterministic builds and triggering.
- Design, architect, implement, improve, and test frameworks, libraries, tools, and services.
- Build system testing capabilities for performance, capacity, and longevity testing.
- Participate in requirement, design, planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Review designs, architectures, implementations, APIs, and test plans.
- Build and maintain a self-service infrastructure layer used across the company to support these pipelines.
- Automate everything that can reasonably be automated.
- Liaison with internal and external customers, making sure they have the infrastructure resources and knowledge to run their applications effectively.
- Use your expertise to improve the product, suggest best practices for customers, and drive the public conversation around modern infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux-based Infrastructure Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Administration, SRE, or similar roles.
- Strong experience with Jenkins with a desire to build dependable build and release pipelines.
- Strong Linux fundamentals and experience working with linux distributions, especially using the shell.
- Strong scripting skills (BASH, Groovy, Python, Ruby, etc).
- Proficiency with cloud environments: AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Good communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, and a genuine eagerness to help others using strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Nice to Have:
- Collaborating with open source upstream project organizers and/or contributors.
- Scripting experience in a Windows environment.
- Familiar with Kubernetes and providing best practices in setup and deployment.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, etc).
- Experience with instrumenting and utilizing monitoring and logging tools for determining a health status of a system (Prometheus, Grafana, etc.)
- Familiarity with test driven development (TDD).
- Experience running customer-facing container based infrastructure.