At PropertyMetrics, we create software tools and training courses to make commercial real estate analysis easier. We are a small, remote-only team spread out around the globe.
We are looking for a Lead Senior Full-Stack Developer to work closely with product and our other engineers to architect and develop new features for our customers. We’re looking for someone who is excited both about making good trade-offs when designing features and also about getting to influence engineering best-practices to ensure we’re able to continue to deliver quality products to our customers. This role will involve working closely with the founder and interacting with other outside contract developers.
The position is fully remote and could be either contract-based or full-time. Location preference is that you are based in the United States, but we are open to other geographies for the right person. Most communication is asynchronous, but you will need to at least have some overlap with standard working hours for Eastern Standard Time.
- Define specifications for features in our backlog
- Make architecture decisions
- Perform code reviews
- Unblock developers
- Maintain coding standards
- Monitor errors
- Be part of an on-call rotation to diagnose and fix mission critical bugs
- Work with and help manage other developers on our team to implement our roadmap
- Write code for more complicated and higher priority features
- Take overall responsibility for our codebase
- Experience managing large codebases and coordinating work for multiple developers.
- Production development experience with Python, Django, Vue JS, PostgreSQL, and Heroku.
Experience with the following would be helpful, but not required:
- Financial mathematics including the time value of money and discounted cash flow analysis
- Real estate and commercial real estate industries
- Financial modeling
- Microsoft Excel
- Desktop publishing and document design software such as Adobe InDesign
- Learning management systems
What we’d like to see from you:
- An updated resume
- 2-4 paragraphs about yourself.
- A link to your GitHub profile
- Sample code you’ve written.
- Any example live production apps you’ve contributed to and a note about which parts you worked on.