Title: Industrial designer
Schneider Electric, Nashville Hub is seeking a creative industrial designer, he/she will be based in the “Nashville Design Lab” in the Franklin office near Nashville, Tennessee. He/she who will report to the industrial design director of North America Design Lab, within the corporate Industrial Design & Ergonomics department.
The ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience within a design team, either in a company or an agency, having integrated industrial design in product creation.
He/she must be capable to handle project for product, and graphic design.
He/she must possess a strong artistic and technical culture enabling the creation product within the dna of the brand, defined by our design charters.
Graduate from an Industrial design school.
The future industrial designer is able to:
• Create innovative concept relevant to their users and their contexts
• Express ideas clearly and build on the ideas of others.
• Inspire, provide vision through work and approach within the community of people from many disciplines (interaction design, engineering, marketing and business)
• Translate user needs, technical realities, brand attributes and business needs into compelling products that embody a positive customer experience.
• Demonstrate ability to coordinate deliverables and schedules.
• Build and maintain relationships with projects teams.
• Demonstrate excellent visualisation skills.
• Express a unique point of view on the design brand strategy.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and empathy for the manufacturing process.
• Understand product development cycle.
• Handle the technical connection between visual and functional design elements.
• Hands-on model making experience
• 3D CAD Skills (Rhinoceros and Keyshot)
• Demonstrate an energetic, curious and Charismatic personality that infects others with passion for design.
• Handle industrial design projects from / within North America Schneider Electric entities under the responsibility of the Director.
• Carry the design projects which have been confided to the design lab (concept, project, mock-up) under the responsibility of the Director.
• Organise and accompany the projects confided to external design agencies (conception, functional and aesthetic mock-ups) under the responsibility of the Director.
• Organise and oversee constructive communication between R&D, marketing, and the external agencies.
• Understand, advocate and respect the rules of our brand design.
• Diffuse and survey the respect of the design charters.
• Bring creativity to the project team with the support of our design charters and Director.
• Participate weekly at the design project review, presenting the key projects of the design lab North America.
• Maintain contact and work with the other design labs within the group.
Additional skills required:
All candidates should present their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process, and have to be able to justify their role and contribution for each project submitted.
Candidates must be fluent in English, being American citizen or with a valid permanent residency.