Do you want to be a key part of an engineering team that builds technology products that save peoples lives? What about being part of an engineering team whose technology is currently being used on multiple clinical trials to find cure for COVID-19?
If you are looking for a sense of purpose and want to make a real impact, then we want to talk to you at Teckro.
Teckro builds mobile first, Cloud based SaaS Technology solutions used by the global pharmaceutical companies to change how they conduct clinical Trials.
There is a huge and urgent need to modernise clinical trials to solve big global problems like the COVID-19 pandemic but also lots of other diseases – diabetes, cancer, etc. Teckro is currently used around the world on trials for lifesaving medicines.
The ideal candidate will have a good attention to detail as well as a strong customer, product and design focus. You will also have superior analytical, evaluative and problem solving abilities, be technically strong, thrive under challenges and have the ability to work under pressure on own initiative while being transparent about abilities, mistakes made and difficulties faced. The right candidate will drive to continuously improve our products and have a deep understanding of the need for software quality.
This role will be remote initially and then based in the Teckro Dublin office reporting to the Head of QA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and documentation of test cases based from functional and business acceptance criteria
- Design of test approaches from business and technical requirements for larger requirements
- Hands-on manual test execution, recording of test results and reporting on progress and issues found
- Collaborating with Developers and Product Owner on testing activities within the agile team, through sprint refinement, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Collaborating with Developers and Product Owner to ensure that the Sprint finishes successfully and passes the quality criteria of the sprint
- Ability to estimate own work and give estimates within sprint planning
- Owning the defects within the agile team, working with Product Owner to ensure they are prioritised and taken into account in sprint planning and driving them to resolution
- Participate in all phases of development within the agile team from design/requirements through to system release, specializing in driving quality through the team
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, processes and products
- Work closely with product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases/user stories, and then translate them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Collaborate with Product Owner to understand how real users use the software to build more realistic test scenarios
- Take responsibility for the quality of your own deliverables
- Identification in improvements in test coverage, test approach or test tooling, and working to fill the gaps of testing coverage
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Strong testing experience with ability to apply different testing methodologies
- Exposure to test case management and reporting tools
- Exposure to automated test tools a bonus but not needed (Cucumber BDD, Selenium, Robot Framework or other toolsets)
- Experience testing web based and mobile applications
- Experience of planning of testing impacts and knowing different levels of testing
- Good applications/technology knowledge, has practical experience of and proficient with testing tools and frameworks
- Understanding of software security and ability to highlight security testing needed
- Understanding of quality metrics, monitoring quality KPIs and reporting them
- Understanding of functional and non-functional testing and ability to highlight performance testing requirements
- Experience creating test cases and following best practice in software design quality and development
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification an advantage
- 4 years hands-on QA experience
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in an appropriate field (Engineering, Computer Science, Science)
- Experience working in a regulated industry an advantage
- Experience working in early-stage technology companies