At Roomex we are on a mission to build the leading platform for businesses to book, manage and pay for all their workforce travel. You will be working as part of the Romex engineering team on a product used by thousands of companies worldwide. You will work on exciting customer impacting challenges and get the opportunity to gain state of the art skills in a fast-paced startup environment.
The tier 2 support engineer will be the interface between the internal teams in Roomex and the core engineering team. The candidate will provide tier 2 support services to the business by triaging customer facing or customer impacting issues with the Roomex platform. The support engineer will capture and refine trouble tickets in the core service desk application, get clarification on issues, attempt to reproduce problems and provide a range of troubleshooting and problem solving techniques before escalating to the engineering team.
Responsibilities, key skills and experience
- Provide support to wider technical and business teams, manage queues and alerts, apply bug fixes etc.
- Strong investigation and problem solving skills with an ability to troubleshoot and identify root causes of software and infrastructure problems.
- Attention to detail and can execute standard workflows while also adapting appropriately to business and process changes when necessary.
- Own the triage, troubleshooting and resolution of issues in priority order.
- Communicate clearly and regularly on tickets, Slack, email and meetings.
- Escalate issues to appropriate teams.
- Build strong FAQs and knowledge base articles to record issues and solutions into troubleshooting guides.
- Collate weekly metrics on issue status and report progress.
- Run weekly internal support meetings to update stakeholders on any critical issues.
- Be willing to work on an “on call” basis for after hours critical support needs.
- Respecting and collaborating with co-workers on a day to day basis and asking and providing help where needed.
- Strive to build a solid understanding the architecture of the platform.
- Understand and adhere to the development and release process.
- Staying abreast of emerging technologies, trends, tools, frameworks, languages and services.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills in fluent English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Think and empathize with our Customers.