Develops and implements a synchronized approach for the procurement of technology related to Small Cell, DAS, mobile fronthaul, and mobile backhaul. This includes developing effective relationships with Network Engineering, Marketing, and EIT as well as Other business owners to identify opportunities and agree upon category tactics to maximize value through effective procurement strategies. Negotiates multi-million dollar complex contracts, evaluating suppliers, defining demand requirements, and maintaining supplier relations through quarterly business reviews. Partners with Government Affairs to influence regulatory policy is critical in maintaining and evolving a competitive telecom services sector that will lower cost and continue to drive value for the TMUS business. Establishes strategic direction, driving operational excellence in the Small Cell, DAS, and Macro space. Requires ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and complexity. Is accountable for setting performance direction, delegating, motivating, holding others accountable and coaching and developing others.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Directs the procurement team to sustainable strategies for all vendors/categories that include spend analysis, market considerations, and strategic importance, etc. evaluates the current market conditions on a regular basis and makes any necessary changes to support the needs of the TMUS business. Locates, analyzes, and develops a consolidated strategic supplier base to support current and future business needs.
- Ensures that efficient methods are used (speed to market and cost) are implemented to maximize the value of technology and services.
- Drives and directs the development and negotiations of complex agreements with suppliers encompassing key program specifications and objectives.
- Represents single voice of T-Mobile for strategic suppliers/categories internally and externally; participates in innovation sessions and quarterly reviews for strategic suppliers. Fosters collaborative relationships with multiple business owners and strategic suppliers.
- 4-7 years' experience in technology sourcing, an engineering role or similar role.
- Proven track record in developing a high-performing and self-empowered work teams and individuals with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Aptitude to delegate effectively is critical
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing business strategy; extensive business case writing, strong background in market intelligence research, and proficient in negotiation strategy and tactics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly and concisely communicate information at multiple levels, adapting easily to change. Capable of effective executive management presentations / communications
- Advanced key procurement skills: Development / management of category strategies; RFP / RFI development, contract negotiations, strategic sourcing, management of supplier relationship lifecycle, understanding of risk mitigation principles, and understanding of various cost evaluation methods (TCO, ROI, Payback Period, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree. Business, Finance, Technology or Engineering or equivalent work experience
Master's degree preferred Business, Finance, Technology or Engineering or equivalent work experience
License or Certification : CPM, CTPS or CCPMinimum Qualifications
• At least 18 years of age.• Legally authorized to work in the United States.• High School Diploma or GED.• Pre-employment background screen.Company Profile
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.