As a member of our Production Support team, you'll immediately put your love of technology into action. Each day, you and your team will be responsible for making sure our platforms, servers and networks are online and secure. You'll work together, evaluating, selecting, implementing, integrating, maintaining, upgrading, documenting and designing our infrastructure. You'll find new and creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communication is key, both in problem solving with your supervisors and collaborating with your coworkers, as well as other teams in the network.
The CTC Production Support team is seeking a systems administrator that combines both software and systems administration to operate and manage large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant systems. The candidate will build and implement creative solutions to operations problems, including optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, Capacity and Resilience management and eliminating work through automation. The candidate will work with various cross-functional teams, and must be able to work in a global team setting and adapt to dynamic requirements. As an administrator, you are responsible for the visualization of how our systems relate to each other while using our production tools to identify and resolve a broad spectrum of problems.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Work you will do
• Ensure user visible uptime and quality, providing operational and development expertise in making our systems have proactive monitoring, fail rarely and automatically fix when they do fail
• Minimize manual involvement by driving solutions, automation and implementing continuous improvements that creates an operating environment, including development & configuration for dynamic monitoring, alerting & recovery
• Engage to run, maintain and improve critical service against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering principles
• Own day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, reliability of services & server infrastructure, performance improvements, change management and capacity management of the services supported
• Build strong relationship & Engage in with the development team throughout the life cycle to help build for reliability
• Identify and/or analyze patterns of incidents/problem, conduct flawless post-mortems, develop permanent remediation plans, implement automation to prevent future incidents from re-occurring again
• Facilitate maximum speed of delivery by objectively binding to disruptions of the service
• Practice Agile and Scrum methodologies
* Strong experience with Automation and Configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef
• Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Bash, PowerShell) to automate tasks and manipulate data
• Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
* Strong platform skills (Linux, UNIX and Windows)
* Strong application & middleware support knowledge
* Experience in handling critical application outages in an large scale operations & driving root cause analysis and remediation
* Experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting and responding - relative to performance and availability of application, using tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.
* Experience with Agile and full software development life cycle disciplines
* Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
* Passionate for making things better and driving action with sense of urgency
• Understanding of concepts and principles behind DevOps, SRE, CICD etc.
• Good to have - knowledge of Cloud Engineering. Understanding of private cloud principles and exposure to public cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, Google cloud or similar technology is preferred
Our CTC Production Support Organization is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans