As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
In this role, responsibilities and duties include:
* Design and implement automations for routine processes
* Support the day-to-day maintenance with a focus on reducing toil or technical debt of the applications while maintaining a high degree of system availability
* Maintain and create all application and instance alerts as it relates to site reliability
* Evaluate and modify infrastructure auto scaling as necessary for reliable operation
* Control application code deployment servers and code deployment methods
* Maintain (evaluate and upgrade) all platform required applications and libraries
* Control application log collection and analysis
* Troubleshoot issues across the entire application stack
* Perform in-depth research and identify sources of production issues
* Identify efficiencies and ways to improve processes
* Build monitors and alerts to ensure timely notifications on the health of critical systems
* Ensuring automated jobs run as scheduled and logs are completed in accordance with established procedures
* Participate in Disaster Recovery events and Major Event Changes
* Provide on-call support on a rotating schedule or as needed for emergency situations, including outside of normal business hours
* Manage the application risk to ensure the security and resiliency of the application are in compliance with firm and regulatory requirements
* Maintain system documentation and provide production metrics reporting
* Research and recommend new technologies for compatibility, expandability, ease of use, and supportability
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* At least 6 - 8 yrs. Of experience working in a Software Development, Dev Ops, Site Reliability Engineering, Support or Infrastructure position or team
* Demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration and/or continuous deployment tools and scripting
* Experience with EMS Software management is preferred
* Ability to conduct thorough investigations, including a deep dive, into reliability and scaling issues from both a code and infrastructure perspective
* Experience working with source management tools like GitHub
* Experience working with automation deployment tools like Jenkins
* Experience with Microservices architecture
* Strong knowledge on Change and Incident Management Process
* Intermediate knowledge of Java
* Should able to monitor Auto sys and Control M jobs
* Experience in working with on shore / off shore operations / support Teams
* Knowledge on RDC, Putty and WinSCP
* Any exposure on monitoring tools like Geneos, Apica, AppD, Capacity Manager and Splunk would be added advantage.
* Strong PL/SQL and SQL skills with proven expertise in analyzing stored procedures and unix scripts preferred.
* Prior experience with vendor management / communication is a big plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans