Putting our clients and their needs first remains the top goal for our User Experience team. As a User Experience Associate, you'll be responsible for project work as well as helping shape the direction of our teams. Working as a valued member of a multidisciplinary design team, you'll be involved in complex projects, and will participate in user research and design planning to respond to feedback.
In addition to primary project work, you'll contribute to design systems such as our pattern library, visual design library, and motion library, as well as mentor others on the team. You'll hone your communication skills by presenting your work to diverse stakeholders and the broader technology organization.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Three to five years of UX experience
* Exceptional skills with standard UX software such as Sketch and Invision
* Experience with generative and evaluative research methods, motion design or video or an interest in learning those skills
* User-centric design approach that involves rapid testing and iteration of designs
* Understanding of how design translates to code
* Ability to use prototyping tools to convey design intent
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality
* Understanding of accessibility and the ability to apply that to designs
* Open minded, collaborative and flexible work style
* Comfortable receiving feedback and critiques
* Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions
To be considered for this position, you must have a portfolio available for review.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans