As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You'll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you'll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Operations Technology (OPT) organization provides technology support to all Consumer Bank lines of business within JPMorgan Chase. The incumbent will be a Software Engineering Executive Director leading a team in OPT responsible for building and supporting contact center voice platforms. These platforms are shared firm wide across all groups including Retail and Business Banking, Home Lending, Auto Lending, Consumer Card, Commercial Card, US Wealth Management, and internal call centers.
You will lead all aspects of the development life cycle and will be expected to work directly with other members of the technology solutions, project management, architecture, and business teams. You will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of a technical team on specific efforts to drive project deliverables. As a Software Engineering Executive Director, you will be responsible for ensuring your teams adhere to IT corporate standards and achieve project and budget goals. Strong client relationship building and networking skills are required to develop relationships with IT Project Delivery, Execution Delivery and Production Support and external vendors.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
* Developing functional specifications, managing internal or supplier technology resources to plan
* Align organization with goals of IT and business needs
* Establishing operational SLAs and metrics
* Day to day management of team activities
* Mentor and support career development of team members
* Establishing and managing bug tracking, enhancement and continuous improvement processes
* Maintaining strong peer and supplier relationships to insure JPMC operates as a best practice and drive supply base to meet JPMC needs
* Oversee services provided to all internal and external customers across the organization
* Analyze emerging technologies and translate implications of the new technology into an effective IT vision and strategy.
* Develop multi-year IT strategies to meet multi-year business strategies
* You will also be responsible for managing the risk profile of your portfolio of applications and insuring absolute adherence to all JPM IT control policies.
* Managing design, development, and testing resources across both onsite and offshore locations
* Supervise multiple project managers performing various business and technical analysis, and serves as the subject matter expert on every project under the responsibility-span.
* Coordinate with other members of the technology team including the infrastructure team
* Managing vendor resources and vendor relationships
* Provide mentoring and leadership to the organization, client, and junior members of the organization, as well as serving as a role model for the enterprise
* Promote teamwork and leadership behaviors within own group, across MBT, and at the firm-wide level
* Bachelor's degree (Preferably in computer technology, engineering or related field)
* 10+ years IT industry experience with specific focus on voice and telephony patterns implementing IVR, call routing, call recording and playback, call analytics, and machine learning. Technologies include Genesys, NICE, Red Box, Nuance, Spring, Java and public cloud platforms.
* Strong project management skills leveraging industry standard development methodologies, primarily Agile/Scrum.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of UNIX and Windows platforms
* Excellent communication skills and ability to document the technical processes
* Ability to interact with users and other interface groups to understand the system flow
* Experience designing and building enterprise level applications capable of supporting thousands of global users
* Experience planning and estimating technology projects
* Experience in detailed build management
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Software Engineering, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
JAVA Software Engineer, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
JAVA Software Engineer, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Plano Full Time Employment
Java (Microservices) Software Engineer, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
Senior Software Engineer Lead - Java, Microservices & Cloud, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment