Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is looking for a highly driven Software Engineering Manager with practical experience leading small teams building data warehousing and business intelligence solutions. Join a diverse and talented team tasked with evolving our data applications into a modern, scalable data platform. In this role you will have the opportunity to drive the design, architecture, and roadmap of the data platform. This strategic project is committed to bringing distributed computing, big data, and modern analytics to the credit union community. If you are prepared to do what it takes to make this vision a reality, let’s get to work building the future.
This position will be based in our Allen TX office.
· Bachelor’s degree required (business, software engineering, or computer science degree preferred).
· Minimum 8 years technical experience in software development.
· Minimum 3 years previous leadership experience required.
· Minimum 5 years building database or business intelligence applications.
· Direct management and mentoring of software engineers.
· Skilled in Agile software development practices.
· Expert with large relational databases including physical and logical design, scripting, and tuning.
· Container frameworks used to run microservices or data processing workloads with Docker or Mesos.
· Highly skilled in data modeling and warehousing techniques.
· Data streaming with Apache Kafka or Pulsar.
· Data processing workloads using frameworks such as Apache Spark.
· Data visualizations and report creation.
· Use of templates or models for code generation.
· Application development using a modern object-oriented language, preferably C#.
· Credit union or financial services industry experience.
· Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
· Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
· Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
· Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
· Occasional business travel as needed.
· Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
· Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
· Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
· Oversees application administration activities.
· Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
· Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
· Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
· Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
· May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
· May manage vendor relationships.
· May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and internet connectivity and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
· May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.