T-Mobile is looking for Technical Product Managers who can be a forward-thinking, strategist, analyst, customer advocate, valued leader of business and technology execution, and skilled relationship builder all rolled into a single package. Every product at T-Mobile is envisioned and crafted to achieve results. You will ultimately be accountable, responsible, and lead the products, platforms, services, experiences envisioned and built to achieve a specific business purpose or business results. At a high level this means identifying the intersection of customer problems/unmet needs, technical feasibility, business goals, securing funding, and leading cross-functional teams to deliver against the opportunity.
We are looking for product managers that can be "jack-of-all-trades" demonstrating deep customer empathy, critical thinking, commercial, analytical, technical capability and knowledge to successfully deliver differentiated products that drive growth and positively impact customers lives.
No day will be the same for you in this role. Day to day activities or responsibilities include: conducting market research; writing features or user stories; resolving specifications; defining long-term strategy of the product; creating the product road map; driving technical delivery end to end; defining scope for releases/product increments; partnering with development, project/program management, marketing, and other key team members to define release schedule; and support/drive go-to-market activities as needed.
Strategy, Analysis and Product Planning
We need you to own the product end to end including crafting, managing, maintaining, and communicating product features and backlog for technical vision and capabilities.
- You will drive the end user product research partnering with other research analysts.
- Partner with business and internal/external team members to understand current customer experience, identifies areas of opportunity, so we can improve the current product and secure funding.
- Conduct analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to identify root cause of issues, and assess opportunity size and impact. Including assisting with cost-benefit / return on investment / NPV analysis, to support decision making.
Product Execution & Technical Delivery
- We will work as a team to determine customer insights for helping build product vision, strategy, roadmap, priorities.
- Dedicates time to understand customers priorities and be a strong internal and external customer representative.
- Becomes a part of an environment and culture where the team is immersed in customer-first mentality.
Relationship & People, Professional Development
- We will work together as a team on all aspects of the software development process, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support.
- Translates product/platform strategy by writing detailed feature and user stories consumable for Dev teams for products.
- Collaborates with PM and Dev leaders to craft, architect and assemble effective products for Agile delivery teams.
- Contribute to key Agile ceremonies: Program Increment (PI) Planning / Big Room Planning; System Demo; Inspect and Adapt (I&A), etc.
- Collaborate with Development and Execution teams to build and communicate anticipated release schedule.
- Manages feature and story elaboration activities across all Agile Teams throughout execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (Sprints) worth user stories 'ready' for Dev to pick up in Team's prioritized Backlogs.
- Assist in running beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Supports sales, marketing, and other partner teams with product or technical knowledge and additional documentation.
- Collaborate and develop positive working relationships with many teams, including sales, commercial accounting, marketing, legal, go-to-market, finance, Dev, Architecture, Engineering. Works with outside partners and other third parties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent experience and education.
- 3 years experience in hands on technical role writing production code, solution engineering, or technical architecture in large scale company/ application/product environment.
- 5 years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
- Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.
- Experience in delivering large and sophisticated business/technology initiatives as Product Manager or lead technology role.
- Proven track record of efficiently connecting with leadership, while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present sophisticated technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
- Proficient with SQL, Tableau, other analytical solutions like SAS, SPSS.
- Knowledge of full technology stack on which your assigned product runs.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.