Our Product Owner's (PO) are crucial members of the extended Agile Product Management team. We look for our Product Owners to lead the Sprint Team backlog representing the source of truth and relying heavily on you as the single point of contact for the Development and Customer teams for user stroy details!
As a PO you will define and refine our user stories ; prioritizing the Agile Team backlog to streamline execution of product (program) priorities while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of features for the team. In this capacity the PO remains highly available to the Dev teams during each iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories. PO also drives refinement activities ensuring Team backlog contains 2 iterations worth of 'ready' work for Dev team. These two functions are essential to enabling Dev teams to improve and maintain high velocity / efficiency in iteration (sprint) execution. For this reason, a PO supports a single Agile (Scrum) Team up to a maximum of 2 teams.
The PO also play a key part in our quality control; we empower our PO team to accept stories as done, ensuring the acceptance criteria has been met. You will develop significant relationships and responsibilities outside of the specific Agile team, including working with Product Management, who manages the Product (Program) Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting (Big Room Planning).
Business and Technical Execution
Relationship & People, Professional Development
- Develop a deep understanding of customer experience at a tactical and transaction level.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog with input from various team members
- Collaborate with Agile teams and business owners to write user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
- Reviews and prioritizes the backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other PO's.
- Reviews and assesses enabler work, understands scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborates with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures.
- Be the primary resource to Technical (Dev) team and Customer team for user story details.
- Leads and maintains efficient flow of user story refinement activities throughout team execution.
- Participates in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories. The PO is the only team member who can accept as done! This includes validation that stories meet the acceptance criteria and team's Definition of Done (DoD).
- Participates in Iteration Retrospective, where teams gather to improve their processes. Also actively supports the Agile Release Train's (ART's) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- The PI system demo is part of the I&A workshop. The PO has an instrumental role in producing the demo for program partners.
- Coordinates user story, functional, and technical details with other Product Owners throughout each iteration and Program Increment. This is often done in weekly PO/ART sync meetings.
You will develop positive relationships with Customer groups or Customer Representatives, technical and non-technical teams, including sales, commercial accounting, marketing, legal, go-to-market and finance!
- Develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
- Actively participates in T-Mobile Product Owner/Manager Community of Practice (COP)
- 4 years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst or Architecture/Software Engineer experience in an agile software product development environment.
- 2 years experience in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools.
- Technical Writing: Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Agile Project Management: Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- User Experience: Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest
- Proven track record to effectively and efficiently connect with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong business analytical skills with the capability of identifying, analyzing, synthesizing product use data.
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.