Our Product & Technology team is looking for leaders with proven success with aligning top talent and technologies that bring to life T-Mobile's innovative experiences for customers and frontline employees. These individuals champion an inclusive culture that enables developer-led innovation, forms product-based organizations, contributes to open source communities, and builds high-performing agile work teams. Here at T-Mobile, we're looking for self-guided empowered leaders who believe in the servant leadership philosophy that can drive & deliver results!
As a Manager Software Development you will be accountable for building, developing and managing a team of software engineers, who will establish and help in building & maintaining a solid operational data store (ODS) environment. The team of engineers will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining and test large-scale operational applications and solutions that allows our lines products and services to provide a best-in-class experience to our customers. Your success will be measured on your ability to lead a robust team who can rapidly deliver innovative and industry leading software solutions to internal teams that include: Digital Services, Data Analytics, Frontline Sales and Service Delivery, IoT Platforms and Network Services, Billing and Finance, Shared Services, Total Engineering and Quality (TEQ) and other operational needs. This position will work very closely with developers, analysts and technical delivery managers working on multiple projects with operational reporting requirements.
Technology and System
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how data is extracted, transformed, scrubbed and loaded in a large DW environment with data originating from many source systems.
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with multi-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets and business SME's/executives to seek solutions within defined processes.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, and managing team with an established Agile methodology such as Scaled Agile Framework SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
- Proven track record to apply expert level experience to perform checks of teamwork and solution design for quality, operational readiness, potential impacts to other processes and systems, and proper use of DevOps principles.
- Experience with development, release/deployment, organizational change, knowledge management, and operations.
- Performs demand planning, inventory management, forward & reverse logistics or delivering software solutions for software development life cycle.
- Operationalizes Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for systems within the team's scope.
Relationship and People Management
- Manages scope, schedule, quality, risks, and issues working on several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment.
- Builds and maintains operational excellence measured by critical metrics, by controlling and reviewing changes going to production, finding efficiencies, process improvement, and ensuring sufficient telemetry, monitoring, and alerting for potential issues.
- Manages all aspects of multi-functional teams to achieve project objectives, regularly report on status, and lead projects through the entire lifecycle.
- Ability to analyze problems with a flexible and creative approach, lead sophisticated tasks and adapt to constantly evolving requirements.
- Works with partners to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, resolve issues, mitigates dissenting views, and provides responsive change management.
- Manages technical relationships with assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
- Monitors and measures work tasks to ensure deliverables are provided on time and within budget.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail, and with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and delivery risk.
- Offers mentoring and direction to the team that supports training, career development plans and provides assignments with growing levels of responsibility.
- Provides timely developmental feedback, conducts performance reviews and regular Sync discussions with all team members.
- Guides Software Developers to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
- Creates an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Interviews, hires, and develops top diverse talent, aspiring to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when needed.
- 7-10 years of experience working in a software development environment.
- 2 years of experience managing or supervising a large team of developers.
- Experience building scalable systems/applications from conception through successful delivery to our customers.
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-management and commitment to delivery timelines
- Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analysis implications to a wide audience.
- Ability to work effectively in a high demand, fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a computer programming related field, or equivalent work experience
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.