The Principal Software Engineer will focus on the Messaging Platform and lead the team of entry and Sr. level engineers in Agile environment. The Platform is a critical piece providing communication between all microservices in the company. The team is not only developing services but also running Messaging brokers, DBs and other Open source applications. Works on
assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
. Owns the technical vision and development of a sub domain or capability.
• Utilizes Planning and Leadership skills to oversee development deliverables as required to implement new systems capabilities.
• Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality.
• Translates business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
• Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
• Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical
specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
• Facilitates/leads reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
• Employs a hands-on approach to lead the Development team, both by coding themselves and
coaching and mentoring team members. Performs peer reviews
Minimum 10 years Application Development Experience.
• Has had technical leadership experience on large scale projects, providing leadership to at least 4-7 Software Engineers.
• Minimum 7 years professional experience using Java development. Extensive Java development hands on experience is a must.
• Solid Knowledge of K8s infrastructure and deployment patterns
• Minimum 3 years professional experience with Kafka. Manage Kafka Broker, troubleshooting and performance. Kafka deployment at scale especially on K8s
• In-depth knowledge of Kafka streams (DSL, Processor).
• Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications using NoSQL Cassandra DB
• In-depth knowledge of in-memory data structure store (Redis preferably).
• Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
• At least 3 years of experience with RabbitMQ messaging Broker. Knowledge of deployment
patterns, troubleshooting infrastructure and monitoring is a must
• Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on RDBMS
•Working experience in Typescript and Angular framework Ability to create custom component from ground up using Angular framework, HTML5 and CSS3 (preferred) is a plus
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Software Engineer Principal, The Home DepotAtlanta Full Time Employment
Senior Software Engineer, T-Mobile USAAtlanta Full Time Employment | $111k - $135k
Software Engineer - Atlanta (Multiple Positions), T-Mobile USAAtlanta Full Time Employment
Sr. Engineer, Software - Atlanta (Multiple Positions), T-Mobile USAAtlanta Full Time Employment
Senior Software Engineer, RoadieAtlanta, GA Full Time Employment