We want you to help us take WordPress, Simplenote, Tumblr, WooCommerce and other native apps for Android and iOS to the next level. We want people to be able to blog, post, and manage their site or shop wherever they are, taking advantage of the things that make our mobile devices our most important ones, such as media and notifications. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the WordPress, Tumblr and WooCommerce experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
- You are highly collaborative and you love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- You are passionate about and accomplished in Android or iOS software development; in particular, Kotlin and Swift experience are a definite plus.
- You are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; experience with Espresso, performance testing and unit testing is very welcome.
- You are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
- Experience with React Native development.
- UI design skills and knowledge of platform design specifications.
- PHP, WordPress, and REST API backend programming experience.
- Data analysis experience, and understanding of how analytics can influence product decisions.
- Knowledge of tooling and build systems.
- Open source contributions, particularly involvement in open source (or other) communities.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion