At Capdesk, we’re about to rewrite the history books on how companies use equity to empower their people. Nothing less! By unlocking the power of equity, we can change finance for good.
With equity made more accessible, businesses can unite employees, owners and investors through shared success. It might sound revolutionary, but it shouldn’t. It’s about time!
In the last few years, we’ve quietly become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for private companies to digitise their equity information and manage and issue employee equity schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped create.
We recently launched a first-of-its-kind secondaries market to take our mission even further. Now, employees can turn vested shares into equity as and when it suits them — no more waiting for the company to IPO.
Employee Equity Schemes are broken and have been since the industrial revolution; it’s time to create a world where everyone can be a stakeholder.
Capdesk is now remote-first (#2020) but mostly spread across Copenhagen and London where we still have bricks-and-mortar offices — though applicants are welcome from everywhere!
We’re a lean team, so every hire is significant to us. We’re looking for each newcomer to strengthen our mission, our team and our culture — and challenge us to get better.
We raised £3M in funding back in April and we have over 1000 of the hottest scale-ups in Europe using our software. We’re gearing up to go further, across Europe and beyond.
That’s where you come in!
So that's well and good, but what are we looking for really?
We're looking for engineers that have experience shipping stuff. You have put important features into production and want to keep shipping more. Maybe your current job features too much bureaucracy and not enough autonomy. Maybe you miss faster, simpler and easier times back when you were just 50 employees.
Well, well, talk about a coincidence! This is where Capdesk is right now. We have so much to build and tons of interesting decisions to make. We want to grow, but at a controlled pace. We're not on an uncontrolled hypergrowth journey and we value quality over quantity of hires.
You'll be building new features, improving existing code and collaborating with a team of highly driven and motivated individuals. You're autonomous, able to wrap your head around complex problems and curious to dig into the world of fintech. You like to ship iteratively and to consistently improve the code, leaving it better than how it was when you first read it.
You can take end-to-end ownership of a feature, while collaborating with designers and product managers — from the database model all the way to the front-end, passing by the API, security and CI/CD.
As a senior joining our team you'll be given a golden opportunity to shape how we work and build things at Capdesk. Your voice will be heard and you will be given ample opportunities to influence anything you're passionate about. We're a team of open-minded individuals that love hearing new ideas and learning from other's experiences. Bring your opinions!
Our tech stack:
- Our back-end runs on Ruby on Rails (with PostgreSQL)
- Our front-end is in AngularJS, but it is time to migrate to another framework. You can help us pick the right one!
- Our infrastructure runs on Heroku (we like to keep it simple)
What we can offer you:
- A role where you'll have lots of room to shine
- A front-row seat on a unicorn ride
- Working with amazing people from all over the world, with different cultures, experiences and knowledge
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- You get your very own company credit card (Pleo), so no more expenses hassle. We trust you!
- 25 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Quarterly company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials)
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Got questions? Feel free to get in touch.
If you're ready to apply, here's what we'd like to see:
- An up-to-date CV.
- A few paragraphs about yourself and why you think you fit the position. Be as specific as you can.
- Some code samples. If you send collaborative projects, please detail exactly which parts you were personally responsible for.
- Any interesting references. We wouldn’t mind talking to people you’ve worked with in the past.
If you get invited for an interview, we’ll show you the actual application code you would be working with.
If you want to read more, check us out at capdesk.com
. We look forward to hearing from you! 👋