We are OVIAVO and our vision is to become the leading platform for fertility solutions in Europe. We help individuals to better understand the topic of fertility and provide innovative digital and physical solutions by using the latest technologies.
Building on the success of our current service, we have a great vision for our future digital platforms. To realize this vision we are looking for a Head of Engineering excited to lead and grow our engineering team. We need the help of an experienced, versatile and empathic individual with a passion for collaboration, simplicity and security. Does this sound like you?
You will lead our engineering efforts and work very closely with our Head of Design and Director of Product to decide collaboratively how to further develop our products.
- own the infrastructure, architecture and stack decisions for all our digital products
- coach guide and mentor our engineers and help us build the tech team everybody wants to work in
- be a hands on fullstack developer and engineering manager at the same time
You start at the most exciting time. We have built a first demo product and just raised funds for developing a go to market version which scales with our business. We need you to help us find the best trade offs between development speed, reliability, user experience and extensibility.
Formal education is not important to us. What matters is how skilled you are, how well you collaborate with us and how pragmatic you can be if needed.
A few things we would like you to have:
It’d score extra points if you had experience with:
- 7+ years of experience in engineering in an international environment with a focus on backend but interested in frontend as well
- Strong technical background and a good understanding of current technology trends
- Experience in building and scaling engineering teams
- Experience with microservice architectures in a cloud-based environment as well as with continuous delivery focusing on fast release cycles
- Your are very comfortable with our current tech stack of Node.js, React (PWA), Typescript, GraphQL and AWS
- You are comfortable making difficult technical decisions to improve major aspects of our platform from architecture to the end-user experience
- Building and scaling infrastructures in the healthcare or insurance space with high compliance and security standards
- Designing data heavy platforms and using ML for business intelligence
You want to be part of this success story?
- An attractive employee participation program
- In our product team we really try to live up to our understanding of agile, user centric, lean and continuous improvement. We don't hide behind these terms to justify chaotic planning, unrealistic expectations and autocratic decision making
- Genuine empowerment: We believe that our platform makes a positive difference in the lives of all people, especially for women and LGBTQ+
- We have just been successfully financed and have strong investors on our side
- Flat hierarchies, short decision-making paths and direct cooperation with product leadership
- We live a direct, open and appreciative culture
We are looking forward to receiving your online application with your salary expectation and possible start date.
: We strongly encourage especially women and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply for this position even if your profile doesn’t match the description 100%. We build a service which aims to reduce inequalities and strives for inclusion and we need our team to reflect it.