We are looking for a Sr Ruby on Rails Engineer and able to pay a premium for Sr/Lead/Architect level Ruby on Rails contributors. (compared to traditional SE Asian salary ranges)
Our platform utilizes revenue and alternative data via various data integrations to underwrite businesses quickly. A typical borrower, such as an ecommerce merchant, simply connects their accounts, eg. Stripe and Facebook advertising account, to get an immediate offer for growth funding. The borrower can choose repayment options that are tied to a percentage of their future sales.
We launched privately/stealth in 2019 and are planning on a public launch for December 2020. We are co-founded by YCombinator backed founders.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the business logic and data structures. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and reliability to the end user.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integrate external providers data connections
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, RSpec
- Senior level understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages Liquid, ERB, SASS
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience in small company environment
- 4+ years of experience with Rails as Backend Engineer
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Backend Python experience with Airflow
- Only candidates from Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Philippenes, Malaysia & Bangladesh can apply.
- Must be available for full-time work
- Must be Sr Level contributor - no junior applicants please(will be ignored)
- No agencies or third party providers (will be ignored)
- Subject Line: Sr Rails Engineer Job Application - from WeWorkRemotely
- Resume attachment or link to your online resume
- 3-4 Sentence description of the most interesting project you used Ruby on Rails with
- Your Location
- When you are available to start