In today’s software-centric economy, speed is everything. Before Sauce, testing took too long, it was tedious, expensive to maintain and placed focus only on monotonous infrastructure issues. With Sauce, developers are free to innovate and accelerate their software development cycles, improve quality, deploy with confidence and reduce costs. Our automated testing cloud gives our customers the ability to deliver a flawless digital experience to their customers by ensuring the web and mobile applications people use every day work on any browser or device. We call that automated testing, but you’ll probably just call it awesome!
You’ll be an active collaborator on the Live Testing team which is directly responsible for providing a reliable and unified experience for running manual tests. The work includes a mix of feature development, security and reliability tasks. It will allow you to grow in your strengths and abilities. You will find an eager team who will support you and provide the opportunity for you to grow together. We are not looking for individuals that can do it all, collaboration is key. We want to be proud of what we build but also kind, flexible and calm. Especially in a crisis.
Below are a few real examples of the work we’ve done lately:
- Unified the manual testing experience allowing users to quickly upload their own apps and test (more to come).
- Added monitoring to our services to watch usage and catch any potential problems.
- Worked with other teams to create a new storage solution for client applications.
- Improved CI/CD for a better, more reliable and faster development cycle.
We are looking for an experienced candidate but we don’t expect you to know it all in your first week. We are looking for someone with solid fundamentals, who can teach, learn and work together on a team.
- Research and prototype new products and solutions using open source technologies.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from planning through implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment, all the way to monitoring.
- Produce high quality, maintainable code with excellent test coverage and documentation.
- Make intelligent choices for the adoption of new technologies based on your experience.
- Ensure high observability standards for services and systems through the application of monitoring tools and methodologies.
- Strive for constant improvement and contribute to the power of our agile development culture.
- Help the team deliver a consistent experience and constantly improv.
Nice To Haves:
- Good understanding of Python.
- Understanding of asynchronous programming paradigms.
- Shell scripting knowledge.
- Hands on experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes and Helm.
- Familiarity with service oriented architecture and microservices.
- Experience designing REST APIs.
- Experience with SQL.
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for engineering great products with stellar user experiences.
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
- Fundamentals of web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS).
- Experience with Go.
- Gitlab Pipelines.
- Experience with React.
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus / Grafana).
Security responsibilities at Sauce: At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You’ll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a ‘security first’ approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Curious about our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application!