At HelloBetter, we strive to combine technology with the latest research in psychology, and other related health care fields to develop the most effective evidence-based digital mental health applications that can support thousands of patients in Germany and around the globe.
As Lead Mobile Developer (m/f/x) you are working at this challenging intersection between technology, UI and research to build mobile applications that change people’s lives for good. With your strong background in Mobile and React-Native, you are able to design and develop scalable mobile products that ensure a pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UI across different mobile platforms - all in all making our products user friendly, sticky and safe to use. You will be the key driver in shaping our mobile experience together with our experienced design team.
For more insights about our Tech and Hiring process, check out our Culture Guide
HelloBetter is a provider of medical products and we strive to follow not just regulations but the highest quality standards of our industry. Thus, you take pride in developing, complying and improving our internal QMS processes (ISO 13485) that make sure we always put the safety and wellbeing of our patients first.
- You are responsible for determining the structure and design of our mobile applications.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- You ensure that design choices are determined by user experience.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open-source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- 5+ years of experience with mobile application development from planning to publishing.
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in React-Native and MST/Redux.
- Experience leading a team.
- Strong understanding of Realm database and its usability with React-Native.
- Experience in TypeScript.
- Rock-solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage.
- Experience with Git, continuous integration and test automation.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Github and similar tools.
- Knowledge of security best practices and understanding the most common security vulnerabilities
Nice To Have
- Experience in Node.js.
- University Degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (ISO 13485) for medical products from working in similar roles in health care technology companies.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Figma and other tools like Zeplin.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle (Android Studio, IntelliJ).
- We support you in your role with an exclusive and comprehensive Leadership Experience package including 1:1 coaching and leadership training to develop you as a Lead.
- We help 100s of people daily who suffer from Depression, Stress, Insomnia, Burnout, Alcoholism...
- We are genuinely at the innovation forefront of developing applications for a multitude of mental health disorders.
- We are not just digitising existing mental health therapies, we develop new innovative programs that do not yet exist at all.
- We nurture our people and pay a lot of attention to personal growth. We can proudly say that we have some of the best experts in the field and have a really high quality of what we do in research and operations.
- We have a very unique product with the world’s strongest evidence-base.
- We are operating in one of the most interesting new markets where we have the opportunity to change the lives of many people.
- Lot’s of autonomy and ownership ahead of micro-management.
- We are purpose-driven, pragmatic and honest.
- We love data.
- We are community players taking care of each other and also like to hang out outside of working hours.
- Amazing roof-top office in the centre of Berlin close to Hackescher Markt and fantastic atmosphere (for once we are back in the office!).
- Flexible working hours and home-office friendly (well, fully home office right now). We are a delivery-oriented company and don’t judge people by the hour.
- Competitive salary and attractive employee stock option plan.
- Unlimited working contract.
- Various opportunities for growth with your own 1.000 Euro annual training budget.
- Daily breakfast, fresh fruits & vegetables (during Covid-19 we only have cereals), coffee & drinks provided.
- Subsidised Gym subscription with Urban Sports Club - 30 Euros sponsored by us.
- Free language courses and regular team events including cool offsites.
- Tax-deductible pension plan with an attractive employer’s contribution.
- Free choice between Apple (e.g. Macbook Pro 13/15”) or Windows/Linux Hardware (e.g. Lenovo ThinkPad T490s, 14", Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD).
HelloBetter was founded under the name GET.ON Institut by internationally renowned researchers and psychologists in 2015. In over 35 randomized controlled trials HelloBetter has developed and evaluated 11 trainings from eight specific problem areas in cooperation with Leuphana University, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Free University Amsterdam, Harvard University and other partners.
The work of the expert team has been published in international journals (e.g. The Journal of the American Medical Association) and has been honoured with various awards (e.g. Wilhelm Exner Prize in Psychology 2016, EFPA Comenius Prize 2017, Digital Health Prize 2018, EU Compass Good Practice 2018 in Mental Health).
Check out our Culture Guide