Do you wanna work to make an impact?
We are on the hunt for an exceptional Algorithmic Software Engineer who can help us make last mile smarter, more cost effective and kinder to the environment.
Where? Office based in Brussels, or remotely from anywhere in Europe!
Your journey at Urbantz:
As our Algorithmic Software Engineer, you will have a critical and specialized role in our Engineering team. You will:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify other ways to make last-mile logistics more efficient and cost effective.
- Define models and algorithms for real-time route planning, scoring alternative delivery slots against criteria like carbon emission and transport cost.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
Our main technologies: AngularJS, NodeJS and MongoDB.
You are good with number and statistics and have a development background. On top of that you have:
- 5+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statisticalmodels
- hands-on NoSQL (ideally, MongoDB) and SQL database experience
- ideally, some development experience in NodeJS
- already developed and implementedmathematical models and algorithms, ideally related to vehicle routing problems (i.e. optimization algorithms).
- excellent written and spoken English
What’s in it for you?
- Join a winning team. Great people that work hard but have fun doing that.
- A fast-growing company where you are given a lot of autonomy and trust.
- Enter the promising, ever-growing world, of last mile logistics.
- A competitive package
- You can make a huge impact, and grow with the company.
This is a great opportunity to own a key strategic initiative at Urbantz.
If you want to just “work” somewhere, we probably aren’t the right place. If you want to make a serious difference with positive, real-world implications, then we want to see you!