👏 ABOUT US
We're looking for a new teammate in our lean company (33 love doctors from 16 different countries, 45% engineers), and give you the opportunity to be part of a fascinating journey. We’ve seen incredible growth over the last 9 years (the apps in our portfolio have been downloaded 100M times) – driven by a talented and versatile yet small team. It worked well so far, but now we want more.
🔥 ABOUT THE ROLE
You are a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) with strong experience, and you will be an essential part of our bootstrapped and 100% remote company with a flat organizational structure. The position is full-time. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a key position.
❤️ WE OFFER YOU
- a great work-life balance - work whenever you want from wherever you are. Results - not hours. We care about what you achieve.
- no bullshit - we are a fact- and engineering-driven company (including the founders)
- to work on something important. A lot of businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We've helped millions of people find love and happiness.
- 30 days paid vacation
- a competitive salary
🚀 YOU WILL
- work on the backend for our award-winning apps that are used by millions of users on a monthly basis
- be part of our cross-functional product scrum team that is responsible for the backend of the mobile app, and service architecture
- work on the mobile apps API, data processing, and interfacing with different components of the Joyride platform and external services
- take ownership of features, tools, and services
- work agile with a motivated and innovative lean team of experts (including us, the two founders)
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different platforms and technologies. We admire engineers who take the initiative, make their own decisions, and implement them precisely. We're a bootstrapped company that doesn't have millions in VC funding to drive growth at all costs. We're building a sustainable, long-term company that our users love, and we love working for.
- have SOLID programming skills in PHP7. Many core services are written in PHP, newer services also in Kotlin (with Spring Boot). Bonus: You have experience with reactor-pattern implementations, ideally amphp.
- are not intimidated by distributed services like Cassandra or Kafka
- already packaged and deployed applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- love getting things done - You never give up, when it’s getting difficult. It’s a challenge to master every situation.
- are self-motivated, and comfortable working remotely with the minimal direction
- preferably have experience working on a mobile app with a large userbase
- you speak and write business-fluent English
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including references and your portfolio.