As a Senior Software Engineer at JOIN.com, you will shape the way companies attract qualified talent faster and more effectively around the globe.
- Participate in architectural design and decision-making, solving challenges like separation of concerns, data management, patterns application, scalability and many more!
- Take a product assignment and lead it to completion, be responsible for all the phases of planning, development and delivery in our Kanban process
- Work with many of the microservices we have, in a shared knowledge environment or build a new one, if it fits the purpose!
- Conduct peer code reviews and attend retrospectives to plan and execute improvements as a team
- Use modern technologies: TypeScript, Node.js, gcloud, Kubernetes, Docker, gRPC, Postgres, Microservices
- Get involved in technological projects together with Principal Engineers and further improve our architecture, scalability and security to fulfil the need of our ever growing solution
- You are expected to demonstrate great communication, ownership, accountability and team play skills
- You are not “just” a coder — you are always thinking about our product and how to improve the experience of our clients
- Use data or reliable source of information to drive the decision making during discussion, design or implementation phases
- Have the ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- Be conscious about speed of delivery vs quality of code and find the best balance
NICE TO HAVE:
- 5+ years of development experience out of each at least 2 years with Node.js
- One strong skill in either software architecture and design patternns, database administration, high load environments, refactoring and debugging, fast prototyping or any combination of that
- Experience with event-based architecture (MQ/Kafka/Google PubSub)
- TDD or extensive unit / integration testing experience
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres or MySQL, understanding transactions, views and locks, ability to design scalable schemas
- Experience with gRPC framework and proto buffers
- TypeScript expertise or willingness to learn it
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with gcloud or AWS would be a plus
- Experience in DevOps or tooling of any kind is a great plus
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- JOIN is an equal career opportunities no matter your gender, identity, race or religion
- We provide relocation assistance and visa sponsorship for the best candidates
- We are a compact team that focuses on personal and professional growth and help each other to achieve that on a daily basis
- We are a team with high levels of ownership, accountability and team play with great support and responsiveness
- We solve real life problems and see the immediate value of that
- We believe in automation. We automate anything and everything that can improve our productivity and focus
- We write our own tests and we test our own solutions which helps us learn more and understand our clients better
- We value transparency, close collaboration, and a slight amount of chaos in our work because it makes us faster and more creative
- Medical coverage by TK in Germany
Hiring shouldn't be difficult and time-consuming, so we decided to build JOIN.com from the ground up to bring recruiting to the next level. We have scaled rapidly, attracting thousands of clients both in Europe and worldwide, with hundreds of thousands of candidates trusting our product. All this within a year of inception, making JOIN the fastest growing HR Tech startup on the market.
Are you ready to take the digital recruitment world by storm?!