ABOUT THIS ROLE
At Medbelle, we are building the digital hospital of the future, providing elective medical procedures with a fully-digitised, personal and patient-first experience. We are here to raise the standard of secondary care and make it accessible to all.\'
As we believe that all patients deserve better, we are rebuilding the patient experience for elective medical procedures from scratch (currently orthopaedic & cosmetic surgery). We recruit world-class surgeons and rent operating space from selected facilities - while providing an outstanding, digital-first and transparent patient experience and friendly personnel on hand to guide every step of the way. We build technology that integrates the entire patient journey for providers, to reduce costs, make their lives much easier and, therefore, improve elective procedures across the quadruple aim: better outcomes, better patient experience, lower costs, better provider experience.
To achieve this vision, we are now hiring a Frontend Developer to join us and further drive the development of our web apps. As our engineering team is fairly small right now but expect to grow quite fast in the next few months, you will need to move fast and hands-on in the beginning and transition to divide and conquer with an increasing number of colleagues. We are looking for someone who wants to establish ownership of the frontend apps, their infrastructure and design system, including proactive development of future strategy in collaboration with the Head of Engineering.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate with the Product team to define our development sprints
- Collaborate with the Design team to build beautiful UI for our web applications
- Build our internal and consumer-facing front-end web applications for patients, healthcare professionals and Medbelle staff
- Build on top of our design system and provide on-going maintenance
- Define and implement initiatives to improve our front-end application development workflows and tooling
Key components of our frontend stack:
- React on top of Next.js
- Styled-components for styling
- Custom design system for building UIs
- Apollo client for data fetching
- Cypress for E2E testing
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 4+ years of experience as a front-end software developer, ideally in high-growth environments
- Having built several performant production level React applications
- Fluency working with advanced CSS
- Experience with css-in-js solutions like styled-components or emotion
- A great eye for implementing beautiful UI
- Professional fluency in English
- Understanding graphql and have built applications using popular libraries like apollo-client, urql, etc.
- Having built and maintained design systems using tools like storybook
- Experience with E2E tested applications with Cypress or React component testing with libraries like react-testing-library
- Experience with React platforms like Next.js or Gatsby
- Experience with Typescript in a production-level application
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Join a small team that is reinventing itself just before a big growth phase - this is your chance to gain a lot of impact and responsibility very fast
- Help real patients with problems that define their lives and raise the standards of healthcare - with colleagues who are as passionate about this as you are
- Flexible home office arrangements, also post-COVID
- Regular Medbelle team events, including Friday Numbers, Drinks & Memes
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Screening: Send us your CV & any available portfolio documentation
- Initial interview: If you pass the initial screening we will be in touch to schedule an initial video interview. The goal of this initial video interview is to learn more about you and what you are looking for. This call is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Medbelle and the role so that we can both evaluate if there is a mutual fit.
- Technical interview & case study: You’ll talk to our Head of Engineering and get a small task to demonstrate your development skills. Usually, we’ll let you meet the team for drinks but during COVID you’ll have to be ok with chats via video :)
- Cultural match interview: Your final conversation will be with one of our co-founders. It will ensure that you will be a great addition to our entire team and will feel at home here.
- Reference calls: We might ask you for the contact details of some of your prior managers, coworkers, and employees.
- Decision & Offer
We're looking forward to meeting you!
Apply for this position
At Medbelle, we are building the digital hospital of the future.
We have redesigned the treatment journey for elective surgeries from scratch to provide a fully-digitised yet personal experience for both patients and providers.
For patients, we are the surgery provider of choice. We work with world-class surgeons and rent operating space from selected facilities to provide patients with the best possible care - with friendly Medbelle personnel on-hand to guide them every step of the way.
For providers, we are the partner they can rely on. We build technology and processes that integrate the entire patient journey, reducing costs and enabling them to fully focus on medical outcomes and patient care.
Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare and make it accessible to all. We do this by building a digital hospital that improves secondary care across the quadruple aim: better outcomes, better patient experience, lower costs, and a better provider experience.
As of today, we have provided surgeries to thousands of patients and are the best-rated medical provider in the UK on Trustpilot. Our patients regularly tell us how much our work has impacted their life and it’s these heartwarming testimonials that continuously motivate us to give our very best.
We started Medbelle in 2016 and have since assembled a team of digital experts, nurses, healthcare professionals, managers and programming boffs.
We are a team of all ages, beliefs, backgrounds and interests; there are musicians, artists, students, fitness fanatics, mothers and fathers.
Everyone is encouraged to fulfil their professional ambitions while making an impact for our patients and working towards a brighter future for healthcare.
2 Office dogs
Alone you go fast, together you go far: We celebrate strong individual performance - but we believe that it is only the first step towards success. Extraordinary results require that talented individuals collaborate, with strong opinions weakly held and with a shared commitment to do whatever is best to achieve our joint mission.
Caring for our patients means caring for our team: Our goal is to make our patients feel cared for and provide them with a safe patient journey. We achieve this best when our team is happy. We want to empower our team members to grow professionally and personally, to maintain a sustainable workload and to be able to take care of their physical and mental wellbeing. This is why we provide perks such as an Urban Sports Club membership, German Lessons for A1 & A2, a subscription to the Headspace meditation app, a Yoga/Meditation sanctuary in the office, a monthly Personal Development Budget, Quarterly Awards and a Medbelle Library.
Work is best when your colleagues are friends: We spend most of our waking time at work, so we might as well make it quality time. Many of our team members have become good friends and like spending time together during and after work, even after they become Medbelle Alumni. We try to foster this with weekly office brunches, team lunches, Friday beers and quarterly team events.
If this resonates with you then we would love to hear from you.
If you want to learn more about us, here are some links to get you started:
Video: What we do
Trustpilot: Best-rated medical provider in the UK - What our patients say
Glassdoor: What our team members say
Medbelle on TechCrunch