Senior Backend Engineer (d/w/m) for our team in Berlin / Work from home
What we do:
We started Sablono with a bold vision in mind: making complex construction processes as predictable as tracking a parcel online. And guess what? We made it! Today, our web-based platform supports international construction companies and their landmark projects on five different continents.
Our state-of the-art solution consists of:
- Multiple client applications utilising different frameworks like Angular, AngularJs, NativeScript, React
- A RESTful API build with ExpressJs following DDD concepts
- Serverless functions for supportive tasks
- A scalable SAP HANA database
- Running on AWS
We are continuously updating the product in two-week sprint cycles according to SCRUM.
Your role on the team
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to support our full stack development team. In this position, you will:
Your expertise should include:
- Maintain, extend and tweak our core platform API using ExpressJs.
- Develop efficient SQL and SQLScript statements in HANA.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Collaborate actively with the SCRUM team to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocating for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
What we have to offer
- Professional experience with ExpressJs
- Experience in the design and usage of relational databases
- Experience with performance and optimization problems
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote work environment
- Effective communication skills
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in a remote team
We are an international team that's passionate about design, complexity, processes and collaboration. You will have the possibility to grow quickly here, take on responsibility and have a significant impact on our company and products from day one on. You will also get to enjoy:
- Working for a company developing complex B-to-B solutions
- A steep and steady learning curve
- Offices in Charlottenburg, Berlin
- Flexible work from home policy
- Family-welcoming culture
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Exciting & fun team events
- Competitive salary
Let's build something great together!
Start Date: 1.12.2020