Burness is seeking a junior to mid-level designer to join our creative strategy team in producing design work for digital, print and video. As a designer at Burness, you would have the opportunity to design for well-known, mission-driven foundations, think tanks, research organizations, policy experts, and nonprofit groups worldwide.
What we’re looking for:
* Experience working directly with clients and understanding client direction.
* Ability to present your work and articulate rationale for design decisions.
* Conceptual design thinking and ideas for how to best visualize complex concepts and ideas.
* Passion for addressing critical issues in health, science, and public policy alongside leading nonprofits in the US and abroad.
* Dedication to creating social change and impact through design.
What you’ll get to do:
* Create conceptual and data-driven graphics.
* Design websites, digital campaigns and social media content.
* Develop illustrations and animations for video.
* Work and collaborate with a tight-knit group of creative strategists
The skills you’ll need:
*Experience designing for the web, social media, and print.
* Proficiency with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and XD or other prototyping software.
* Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, content management systems, UX design.
* Experience with the Office suite—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint—and the use of themes and templates.
* Illustration, motion graphics and data visualization skills are a major plus.
* Knowledge of digital and offset printing methods.
* BA or equivalent in graphic design.
* 2-5 years of experience.
Burness is a mission-driven firm advancing social change worldwide. Our office is located in Bethesda, MD. Burness offers excellent benefits, competitive salary and a friendly working environment. This position is temporarily remote through at least March 2021. Candidates who are local to the DC metro area are preferred. Candidates should send a resume and cover letter along with a portfolio to Kara Basabe at [email protected]
Graphic Designer, Chargeback GurusContract Employment
Digital Graphic Designer, Once Upon a Time AgencyFull Time Employment
Senior Motion Graphic Designer, A|L MediaContract Employment
Digital Graphic Designer, Every Man JackFull Time Employment
Visual Designer, PicnicHealthFull Time Employment