New10 is one of ABN AMRO’s challengers. We set the new standard in business lending with a fully digital and seamless customer experience for self-directed SME’s. Our customer journey is fast, simple, and clear: entrepreneurs or intermediaries know if they can borrow money within 15 minutes, so our customers can go on realizing their entrepreneurial dreams at pace. We are ambitious, creative and innovative. We combine the best of two worlds: the execution power of a scale-up and the knowledge & expertise of the bank.
We have a clear vision and aim to solve some of the most pressing and challenging issues in SME today. We have gathered some of the most tenacious experts in the industry. As a diverse collection of personalities, we share one drive: using our knowledge to set new standards and make our customers succeed in their business.
- We like people who think on their feet and make stuff happen. Don’t ask for permission or wait for instruction. We are all entrepreneurs and ensure the right stuff gets done
- We want to work with people who are genuinely interested and curious about everything. We seek to deeply understand our customers and their context
- We want to hire people who are driven by data, but also bring a streetwise mentality to our team. We embrace creativity and exciting technologies to surprise entrepreneurs
- We love working with people who are open-minded, bring fresh perspectives and jump at the opportunity to build a great team together. Synergy pays off
As a young scale-up, backed by one of the largest banks in the Netherlands, with deep knowledge of financing, a modern cloud-base system and a clear growth path, you have a tremendous opportunity for long term growth, impact on customers and technology learning.
We would love to welcome you to our easily accessible international office in one of the most tech-hot parts in Amsterdam in the newly opened The Cloud building, between the Amstel Station and the Amstel River. As part of a co-working space, we have a great community of events and opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Skills & requirements
You will be responsible for:
- Managing our AWS environments, spanning multiple accounts and multiple regions.
- Develop infrastructure environments in serverless, event-driven style, using cloud-native technologies and approaches.
- Encourage AWS best-practices within the company, making sure that the systems we are building are secure, highly available and highly scalable.
- Fix and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment.
- Planning and implementing new solutions with a future-proof mentality.
- Engaging in active collaboration with developers, QA engineers and system engineers.
- You understand the challenges of a distributed event-driven architecture and have actual mileage using the Serverless.com framework and/or the AWS Serverless Application Model.
- You have a can-do attitude with mastery in applying different technologies and methodologies in order to solve problems to achieve results.
- You are an easy and approachable teammate who enjoys mentoring colleagues and educate the organisation.
- You have an understanding of system security and create system with a security-mindset.
- You embrace and harness new technologies that can bolster our services.
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about engineering excellence and have attention to detail.
The technical skills we are looking for:
- 5+ years of Experience with AWS Cloud ecosystem, including but not limited to ECS, Fargate, Lambdas, S3, RDS, ElasticSearch, StepFunctions, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, Route53, CloudFront.
- 5+ years of Experience with Infrastructure-as-code. preferably Terraform.
- You have engineer level skills in any of the following: Python, NodeJS (JS/TS) or Go.
- You have relevant experience with centralized monitoring and logging solutions (CloudWatch, PagerDuty, DataDog).
- Experienced with Docker and with managing containers orchestrations.
- 5+ years of Experienced with building CICD systems, preferably gitlab-ci.
- You have experience with data streaming and/or queuing mechanisms such as AWS Kinesis, AWS SQS or AWS SNS.